Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone Xs,

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

Since a few days ago, the shuffle button in the Now Playing screen is permanently disabled. It will not turn on. I've tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, nothing works. Any suggestions?

10 Replies

Hey @Link512, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you share any screenshots of the shuffle being disabled?

Does it happen in every playlist or with certain ones?

Thanks! 🙂

It happens on random artist pages. Doesn’t need to be a playlist specifically 

CDBC3B08-F916-4A79-AEEC-068CED22B383.png
4BB85388-7680-4AB7-9DFF-3A8344B80BBF.png

Hey @Link512,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Could you give the clean reinstall another go?

If it doesn't help could you try it with another Spotify account in the same device to see if that helps?

Thanks!

Clean reinstall didn't work. It seems to be an issue with the iOS app itself. Shuffle works just fine on my desktop client. 

I am having the same issue on my iPhone. I found that I could not shuffle when I was playing a certain album. After playing around with it a bit I found the following:

Album: Karajan Symphony Edition
https://open.spotify.com/album/2GocfoWLaLqWc8L8VL3l4k?si=ex_lsedBSxCWH1d58KYEQg

1. When I viewed this album and tapped the green "Shuffle Play" button at the top, it would start to play the first song and the shuffle button would be disabled.

2. If I then started to play something different (specifically a playlist) I would be able to shuffle again. [It doesn't matter if I tap the Shuffle Play button or just tap on the first song in the play list]

3. If I then go back to the album and tap "Shuffle Play" it would start the first song and shuffle would be disabled again.
HOWEVER, if after step 2 I go to the album and tap on a song in the album, the shuffle button would still be enabled and I could turn on shuffle and tap next to get to a different (shuffled) song in the album.

Interestingly, I have only had this issue in the Karajan Symphony Edition album. 

And just realized that it is 2020 and not 2019... Sorry for posting on a year old topic.

Hey there @Link512, @jminning

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you guys tried restarting the device on which it's happening? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

As @Loxer suggested, it's also a good idea to test if another account on your device is experiencing the same issue. Let us know about the outcome and we'll be able to take a closer look. 

Stay tuned!

I'm having a similar issue on Mac OSX Mojave.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.42.41 AM.png

Hey there @Ajotta

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you tell us if you tried any of the steps mentioned so far? To be more specific, the device restart and the clean reinstall. 

Let us know if you tried these steps and what was the result for you. This way we'll collect more info and be able to take a closer look. 

We'll look out for your reply.

I have scuffle is disabled every time close / open the windows spotifuggle application, this sucks as get bord of last songs I have added to the list, like to keep it remembering the settings.

Suggested posts