Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone 6s

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to share my public spotify playlist on to instagram stories spotify tells me “oops, sorry we can’t share that right now, try again later”. It has been doing this for about a month and I have tried to redownload both apps but it did not work. Please help!!

4 Replies

Hey @ellenwoodhouse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Besides double-checking that your internet connection is stable or using a different one, would you also mind seeing if you can update your iOS as well as Spotify?

After doing this and before testing the Instagram story feature again, it'd also be great to turn your phone off and then on again after a couple minutes. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your update and be available if we can help any further with this or anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I updated my IOS (my spotify was up to date already), but it is still giving me that message that it can’t share to instagram stories. I checked all my settings and I don’t have anything on that could block it.

Spoiler

I also checked and it will let me post songs but not any playlists.

Hey @ellenwoodhouse

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Users have described the issue as appearing on Android, but you can jump in on the thread saying you experience the same on iOS.  

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts