Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Apple CarPlay - Unable to connect (null)

Apple CarPlay - Unable to connect (null)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.3

My Question or Issue

The problem started after updating to iOS 12.3. It used to be infrequent earlier with iOS 12.2 but killing and restarting the app would solve it. Typically it will happen when connecting to CarPlay with the iPhone locked and starting Spotify from the car screen.

now no matter what I do I refuses to show on the car screen and throws this error. 

See attached pictures. Very frustrating as the whole point of Apple CarPlay is not to use the phone. This the only app that gives trouble with CarPlay. Everything else works fine.

I had reported other bugs with CarPlay earlier like all my playlists don’t show up on the car screen. They fixed that but the Spotify team refuses to acknowledge thisbug which has now rendered the app useless on CarPlay. 

F93D0D0C-CEC9-4002-A89D-B8D0872A874B.png
6D75012D-250D-43F4-B2A3-CFE86C4DF71F.png
2 Replies

Hey there @Rboy2,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding this!

This sounds like the issue here that our tech teams are currently investigating. If so, we'd recommend heading over there and adding your +VOTE and info.

We'll make sure to pass any updates we have on that thread 🙂

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It’s certainly not fixed!! It’s as rampant as ever even with iOS 13.5.1. Only the first 12 playlists show up on CarPlay. 

Suggested posts