Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple TV App - Screensaver not showing

Apple TV App - Screensaver not showing

Hello.

The new Apple TV app is great, specially now that the logging issue is solved.

The only remaining problem is the Apple TV screensaver which doesn't start when Spotify is running (unlike with others music apps).

Thank you for looking into it !

Regards.

15 Replies

I agree, the screensaver should turn on, or at least be an option.  For those of us with OLED the last thing we want is static images displayed consistently.  

I agree. I have an OLED and its a worst case scenario having square album art sitting there static.  Should be a minimum requirement to allow the screensaver to come on.

Yes, also don’t forget the white logo in the left corner. The default should be screen saver, and an option to turn it off. This caught me by surprise; perhaps many others too?

I have the same problem with an LG OLED TV. The screensaver option should have been here from the start or at least integrate with the tvOS screensaver option.

If you exit the app and go to the appleTV home screen, fist just the current cover (without the play/pause/skip interface) shows up and later the apple screen savers will show up

I don't understand your answer; have they fixed the app, does the screen saver start?

(I have changed my setup and am no longer using this app)

Not sure whether you were referring to my answer, but no, they haven't fixed it. But it you exit the app and go to the Apple TV home screen, the screensaver block is overwritten by Apple TV and it will start. So there a workaround but not a true solution...

Sometimes Screensaver actually crashes Spotify when it first comes on. Hopefully Spotify is reading and will fix the issue in the OP. 

1. Please Spotify, enable screensaver. Maybe you can even have a setting to turn screen completely black when playing music.

Bumping this issue, as it is a primary deterrent for me using the app. If I weren't concerned with album art or other static shapes burning into my TV screen, I would have this app open throughout the day. 

Whether you make this compatible with the Apple TV screensaver, to do something else, you have to makes sure we don't have a static image sitting there forever...

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

At the moment, this feature is not available. However, other users also think this would be a good idea. 

In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That thread you linked for this idea is inactive. But this is a real problem. The thing is, a lot of people own OLEDs and might not be aware the burn in can happen. This is a no-brainer improvement idea. Please implement. 

Hi @Edd70,

Thank you for posting to the Community!

The idea that I shared some months ago is inactive at the moment. However, there's a live idea that you can find here, which suggests the same feature for OLEDs. 

It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

after you go into the app play the playlists you want , go to the apple tv home buy hitting the tv button then hit the menu button once and it will start the screen saver, u can use your phone to control the music if needed or just repeat the process 

Yes thank you.

I know it and I do it.

My wife knows it because I told her, but she doesn’t do it 😄

That’s why it would be better if it was automatic 😉

Suggested posts