Premium

Country

United States

Device

Apple TV 4th Gen

Operating System

tvOS 14.7

My Question or Issue

I do not stay logged in on the Apple TV app. Almost every time I use the app (it may stay logged in for a few hours), it asks me to log in and gives me a pairing code. 

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Thanks for the patience with this.

The issue seems to be stemming from low space on the AppleTV that causes Apple to purge the data. Our tech folks are working on a possible fix for this.

For now, please make sure your storage has enough space.
Apple doesn't provide this info on AppleTV settings, so you can use this free application to understand how much storage you have left.

Hope this helps!

142 Replies

I can see lots of people with the same problem and no fix that works, lots of us wasted time on pointlessly restoring, re-updating re logging in to iCloud (which is a ball ache) ….

I also see no reply or any update from Spotify here! Should we start spamming them on Twitter too? 

But like many I am willing to just give up and not bother with my premium. I am already locked into Apple eco system so might as well use a service that works seamlessly 

Hi folks, 

Thank you for the information you've shared so far.

The right folks at Spotify are aware of this issue and are doing their best to find what's causing it. However, we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end so far. It would be great if you can share the requested device info that the other moderators have previously asked for. This helps the team investigating the issue to narrow down what might the cause be.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Another person with the same issue here. I use Spotify on my Apple TV roughly once a week and every time I'm asked to login. This results in me swiftly closing the app. Being logged out this frequently is 100% a bug and it is 100% fixable. I can only speculate here, but this application is almost certainly using OAuth behind the scenes to handle the authorization. Based on my experience triaging OAuth issues for other applications in the past, this looks like a problem with the refresh token to me. To read more: https://auth0.com/learn/refresh-tokens/

Apple TV model: A1625 Apple TV HD

tvOS: 15.5.1

Spotify version: 1.32.8

Already shared above, as have others..

I have an apple tv HD 4th gen 

lol the community starting to troubleshoot the issue on their own...

same problem here, and i have multiple Apple TV's of different generations and models. none of them stay signed in to Spotify anymore for any length of time.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

As mentioned above, the right team still looks into this. In the meantime it would be great if you can provide us your:

• Spotify version
  • Operating system on your device

Once we have that we'll pass it on the the team that's looking into this.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi everyone. I noticed if I airplay from my iPhone to my Apple TV, it will play my music….but the tv screen will be blank. Less annoying than logging in everytime at least 

Same here... I have four Apple TVs in my house. None of them will stay logged in to Spotify for more than a day or so. No other app has this problem.

Here's hoping Spotify is planning some kind of major upgrade to their TVOS app soon. The whole app is really difficult to use. For instance, under Now Playing, there's no way to visit the artist or album or playlist that's currently playing. No way to view lyrics that I can find. Really wish it'd work better on the Apple TV because it's one of my favorite ways to listen.

Hey @nathanbeach,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

At this moment, the right team is investigating this. However, the info about your devices would be really helpful.

For this reason, could you send us the exact model of each TV (including generation), along with the tvOS version and Spotify version installed?

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Honestly this is the most annoying bug regarding Spotify. I want to be able to go into the app, find what I'm looking for and play music. I shouldn't have to log in and pair my iPhone EVERY time I want to do this. This is ridiculous!! 

what information do you need regarding Apple TV model etc? I think a few have posted in here about their stats. You just need to accept that the Spotify app on Apple TV is broken and needs to be fixed as a matter of priority. 

I’m having this issue on a A1625 Apple TV running tvOS 15.5.1. Have been for at least a year. Software and apps are all the latest version. 

I haven’t reset the device to factory settings because that sounds like a ball ache and doesn’t seem to have worked for anyone else. 

This still happens every time.  About to cancel Spotify and just use Apple Music. Fix the problem!

Annoying af. This issue has been going on for months (maybe even years) making it unusable on my device. I’m on AppleTV A1842(32GB) tvOS 15.5.1 (19L580)

Same issue, has been happening for at least a year now. It is very annoying having to pair every 3 days or so. A bit frustrated with Spotify too, they don't seem to be taking the problem seriously as this has been an issue for awhile and no real solution has been put forth. I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread. No changes.

Apple TV model A1625 (32 GB)

tvOs 15.5.1 (19L580)

Spotify version 1.32.8

Hi,

Same issue, exact match across the board. Replying here to stay in loop for a solve.

Saw @spotify mention unable to reproduce… I am more than happy to send you my Apple TV if you’ll replace it.

(Shrug)

Seems a much cheaper means of reproducing it than dev time. Lemme know if that sounds good,

Thanks, 

Same issue has happened to me.

Device model/OS

Apple TV 4K A2169 (2nd gen, 64GB) / 15.5.1

Spotify version

Problem

Keep being logged out from Spotify on my Apple TV

Can the issue/bug be reproduced?

Unsure as this currently happens intermittently. I get logged out anywhere from once per day to once per week.

Steps taken to log in to Spotify on Apple TV

1. Open Spotify app on Apple TV
  2. Click [LOG IN] button
  3. Prompted by app to go to spotify.com/pair (on a separate device) and type in code
  4. Go to spotify.com/pair on my iPhone (not sure device model/OS/browser would be needed to try to replicate)
  5. Input code
  6. Success message appears on phone once pairing complete
  7. Spotify app on my Apple TV refreshes and defaults to the home screen (showing playlists etc)
  8. Close page on my iPhone

Theory/assumption

This bug seems to be an issue with auth/refresh tokens? There seems to be a missing link once the Apple TV calls for the same token on refresh, not sure how the back end is set up (and not to sound like a d*ck) but is there some problem with how the token is stored? Looks like when the Apple TV calls for the same token and it can't find it (thus not being able to confirm userID), this then prompts it to ask the user to log in again. Wonder if you can track the data on frequency of log out events on Apple TVs specifically, and maybe hone in on if it is actually a device/OS issue.

My sh*tty 2pence!

Just fix it. PLEASE! This is ridiculous.

Same issue here. I dont test it very often because I get tired of having to log back in to Spotify all the time. This happens on all 3 of my AppleTV's. They are a mixture of 3rd and 4th Gen devices. All of them are running the latest TvOS version. It is a very annoying bug. I have the Premium Family Spotify plan(If that matters). It seems like this bug should be easily reproduced given the amount of people on here with the same problem.

Thanks!

Just started happening to me in the last couple weeks. Super annoying!

Suggested posts