Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Apple TV 4K)

Operating System

(tvOS 13.4)

My Question or Issue

Apple TV Spotify app requesting activation/pairing every time I try to use the app. Performed a "clean" reinstall numerous times, restarted the device etc. Problem still persists.

24 Replies

My UID is <snip - moderator edit>. This happens constantly, will not stay paired. Super annoying. Keeps me from using it and makes me open youtube music instead. Not what you guys want I'm sure.

Hey @123238764,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We've edited your previous post as it contains some private info that shouldn't be shared publicly, I hope you don't mind. 

This issue was reported as fixed some time ago after some updates from both sides. To make sure that all the basics are already covered, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article as this clears damaged cache and ensures you have the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the AppleTV version and the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My assumption around all broken or missing integrations with Apple services is that Spotify is choosing not to invest in it due to their ongoing dispute over App Store payments. Another example would be how the HomePod cannot play directly from Spotify. I don’t have anything to back this up, but it seems to me the most likely explanation for neglect.

This is so annoying. When will this be fixed? This also makes it unusable to my other family members who are less tech savvy. Literally the only reason I'm now contemplating switching to Apple Music.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

@Willowisp - just to confirm, have you tried following the steps mentioned by @OscarDC earlier in the thread?

If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to let us know the OS version of your AppleTV, along with the Spotify version.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts