Premium

Country

USA

Device

Apple Watch Series 3, GPS + Cellular, 42mm

Operating System

WatchOS 7.0.2

My Question or Issue

I recently found I have access to the Apple Watch streaming beta. I've been using it quiet a bit during workouts, and the experience has been decent so far. However, there do still seem to be some pretty significant bugs. For example, streaming essentially randomly stops (audio skips/stutters for 1-2 seconds before stopping completely). I've found this can be fixed by some combination of: switching to another app (e.g. Podcasts) and playing audio from that app (which does immediately work) and switching the device Spotify plays from to my computer and then back to my watch.

This issue occurs roughly twice an hour, on average, which is not ideal during runs because mitigation takes some non-trivial fiddling. It seems to come up when the watch receives notifications (texts) or is giving haptic feedback from another app (e.g. the workout app is notifying me that I've hit a mileage threshold). I've been using my watch with wifi disabled and no iPhone connected (e.g. out on a run) when this has occurred. Happy to provide more details that would be helpful.

In general, I'm wondering where bug reports for this beta should be sent, because I (and Spotify, presumably) want to get the watch app stable as soon as possible.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mitchrick, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. I'll make sure to pass all of your feedback on to the right teams. Since this is still in a beta version, Spotify is still making improvements to the experience and listening on Apple Watch so make sure your app and device stay up to date to receive the latest versions and features.

Hope this clears things up! Have a great day. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mitchrick, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. I'll make sure to pass all of your feedback on to the right teams. Since this is still in a beta version, Spotify is still making improvements to the experience and listening on Apple Watch so make sure your app and device stay up to date to receive the latest versions and features.

Hope this clears things up! Have a great day. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Cool, thanks! I certainly didn't expect the update to be totally polished at this point, since it's a beta. It's definitely already in a decent state, and I just wanted to let them know my experience in case it helps the dev team get these issues fixed faster. I'm surprised there's not a centralized location where they are specifically soliciting feedback, since this beta is new.

Suggested posts