Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Sign Out Everywhere

I received an iPhone 7 a week and a half ago. It was great til last Friday morning when I could not turn on the phone. New phone is here and now have to reinstall everything manually. I'm trying to sign in to Spotify but it keeps telling me to Sign O...

• Visitor
  • I received an iPhone 7 a week and a half ago. It was great til last Friday morning when I could not turn on the phone. New phone is here and now have to reinstall everything manually. I'm trying to s...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Any news on fixing update?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI hate the new update where on the desktop app, all the songs in your playlist are just jumbled up and I can't sort them by artist or alphabetical order etc... Se...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I hate the new update where on the desktop app, all the songs in your playlist ar...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad 2 - Unable to select music over WiFi

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad 5, Macbook Pro late 2011, WinPC)Operating System(iPhone 7/iPad 5 iOS 13, iPad 2 iOS 9, Macbook OSX 10.13.6, PC Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi Team, I think this is a bug. Appears that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia   Device (iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad 5, Macbook Pro late 2011, WinPC) Operating System (iPhone 7/iPad 5 iOS 13, iPad 2 iOS 9, Macbook OSX 10.13.6, PC Wi...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not appearing on iPhone

I have a premium Spotify account and have followed all of the steps for adding local files to my desktop Spotify app on Windows 10. I have successfully uploaded all the songs I wanted to and they play just fine on the app. I added all the songs to a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium Spotify account and have followed all of the steps for adding local files to my desktop Spotify app on Windows 10. I have successfully uploaded all the songs I wanted to and they pla...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app
    downloads
    iphone
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The New Update Has Ruined Years of Digging...

Premium Iphone user here. Been in love with Spotify for years until now. When I first discovered Spotify, I was addicted to it immediately. I would look up an artist, raid their discography, and press “like” on all the songs that caught my ear. When ...

• Regular
  • Premium Iphone user here. Been in love with Spotify for years until now.   When I first discovered Spotify, I was addicted to it immediately. I would look up an artist, raid their discography,...
  • JMchief
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes

Superuser Contribution Enable Lyrics or Behind the Lyrics options

Plan : Premium FamilyCountry : FranceDevice : iPhone XS My Question or IssueHii'd like to know if the "Behind the Lyrics" option is still existing ?It's been months that i cant see it and i dont understand how a platform as Spotify can't propose a ly...

• Regular
  • Plan : Premium Family Country : France Device : iPhone XS   My Question or Issue Hi i'd like to know if the "Behind the Lyrics" option is still existing ? It's been months ...
  • AlexKid1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Max sound volume when using snapchat

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceIphone 8 Operating SystemIOS 13.4.1 My Question or Issue When i listen to spotify, and then are taking a picture, or opening a snap, the volume turns into maximum automatically.

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country   Device Iphone 8  Operating System IOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue   When i listen to spotify, and then are taking a picture...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add duplicate songs to playlist or delete playlist

Latest ios version. Iphone pro max. Premium. Whenever I try to add a duplicate song to the playlist no prompt appears asking me if I want to add the dupe. Also, no prompt appears when I try to delete a playlist. Rebooted phone, reinstalled app. Tried...

• Roadie
  • Latest ios version. Iphone pro max. Premium.    Whenever I try to add a duplicate song to the playlist no prompt appears asking me if I want to add the dupe.    Also, no promp...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

google home mini + spotify glitch

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issuecannot get my google home mini to cast spotify. i’ve has the accounts linked for about 6 months and have had no issues until today. i start the google cast then play a song...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue cannot get my google home mini to cast spotify. i’ve has the accounts linked for about 6 ...
  • julianneb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Playing stops

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuespotify app has started to stop playing the tracks. It happens like every 20 seconds. I pres...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue spotify app...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Removed “Appears On” feature with January 2019 IOS Update

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueLooks like Spotify has updated the ios app yet again. They have streamlined the artist pages and removed the “Appears On” section typically found at the bottom of t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Looks like Spotify has updated the ios app yet again.  They have streamli...
  • spartnerfy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 34 likes

iPhone - No Playlist Update Notifications

Team, For about a year now I have not been receiving push notifications on my phone (iPhone 7+, iOS 10.2.1). Out of all of the notifications, I especially liked the notifications that there was an updated playlist (Think the Throwback Thursday playli...

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Team,  For about a year now I have not been receiving push notifications on my phone (iPhone 7+, iOS 10.2.1). Out of all of the notifications, I especially liked the notifications that there wa...
  • giantsxx21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • iphone
    PlaylistUpdate
    Push Notifications
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Don't get push notifications when a playlist have updates: what's wrong?

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 12) My Question or Issue I enable the push notifications on the Spotify app (slider on green, if this is ok?) and on my iphone itself to receive push notifications when playlists h...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue  I enable the push notifications on the Spotify app (slider on green, ...
  • giantsxx21
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Apple TV] Playback drops out intermittently

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Apple TV 4kOperating System: tvOS 13.4.4 Playback from my Apple TV intermittently drops out (a couple of times per song). The drop out is 3-5 seconds long and automatically resumes. The Apple TV is connected via ethe...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: Apple TV 4k Operating System: tvOS 13.4.4   Playback from my Apple TV intermittently drops out (a couple of times per song). The drop out is 3-5 s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple TV
    dropout
    intermittent
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous Track goes back to original song

PlanPremiumCountry: UK Device(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 13.4.1) My Question or IssueHi, When i finish a playlist and it plays related songs if i try and go back to the previous track it just goes back to the last song on the playlist on the not ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country: UK   Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 13.4.1)   My Question or Issue Hi,   When i finish a playlist and it plays related songs if i try and go...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Glitch

My Question or IssueMy Spotify is glitching, a lot. It won’t even play an entire song without switching to another. And when it does, it flips though maybe 5 songs before it settles- plays 20 seconds - then it flips though another 5 songs. I’ve tried...

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue My Spotify is glitching, a lot. It won’t even play an entire song without switching to another. And when it does, it flips though maybe 5 songs before it settles- plays ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitch
    Glitching songs
    Skiping tracks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Group session bugs

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi, I’m trying out the group session beta at the moment. Once my friends connect they see th...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to dislike artist or song, or even thumbs down a song

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating System12.1.2 My Question or Issue I can no longer dislike a song, nor do I have the ability to “don’t play songs from this artist” when listening to a station.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 Operating System 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  I can no longer dislike a song, nor do I have the ability to “don’t play songs from thi...
  • tandreasen
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Dislike artist or song on ios
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes

Wrong song by same artist plays

DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.5Spotify 8.5.58 My Question or IssueWhen I was connected to Carplay and would ask Siri to play a specific song it would play a different one by the same artist. After further testing, it appears to only be happen...

• Visitor
  • Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.5 Spotify 8.5.58   My Question or Issue When I was connected to Carplay and would ask Siri to play a specific song it would play a different one b...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes