Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quality issues across devices

Quality issues across devices

iPhone 11 Pro Max

iPad Pro

Sony MDR1000X & Apple AirPods Pro

Spotify Premium

I have major sound quality issues across my devices. The sound quality on my iPhone is lifeless and the iPad is mind blowing.  Both devices have exactly the same settings.

I’ve tried everything, removing songs from the phone, deleting the app and re-downloading the songs but it doesn’t work.

I’ve tried other people’s iPhones and their quality is excellent too and is as good as my iPads.

I had this same issue with my iPhone XS too, so it’s clearly not a hardware issue, somehow my account on my phone is the issue?

Really could do with some help here please guys.

8 Replies

Hey there @JimmyMature,

Thank you for your post in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you experience this.

We suggest that you have a look at this article on our support page.

If that doesn't do the trick we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there, I definitely have the highest possible quality settings on my iPhone but it’s not high quality when listening. I have both my iPad and iPhone open at the same time no switch between them and the sound is so different.

I think the phone isn’t playing the higher bitrate, it’s not the phone as my last phone was the same.

really need someone to help, I have no doubt if a tech looked they’d confirm that the songs going to my phone are not the highest bitrate

Hey @JimmyMature,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you give these ​steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try with another account on the same device. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there, I followed the steps and the sound issues are still not resolved.  I’ll try another account on my phone and let you know.

thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it.

Jim

Ok I tried another account and the quality is very good compared to my account, as good as my iPad.

How do I get this issue fixed please?

Hey @JimmyMature,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It sounds like this could be an account-related issue. In this case we'd suggest you give these steps a go and transfer the music to the other account. That way you can enjoy your favorite jams on the new account as well.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Thanks for the reply. So the creation of a new account won’t affect my subscription because it’s associated to my username and email isn’t it?

Hey @JimmyMature,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We'd suggest you first cancel the subscription for the old account with these steps. Then you can activate Premium for the new account here. There is no option to transfer the subscription from the old account to the new one.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts