Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist Page on Mobile

I can't understand why clicking on an artist doesn't show you all their songs like it does on desktop version, but rather sends you to their online page. This doesn't make any sense, as you aren't able to access songs you've downloaded if you don't h...

• Visitor
  • I can't understand why clicking on an artist doesn't show you all their songs like it does on desktop version, but rather sends you to their online page. This doesn't make any sense, as you aren't ab...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

podcasts disappeared from my playlist

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10I had some podcast episodes within a playlist that also had normal songs but the podcasts have disappeared from the playlist on my phone. How do I get them back and why has it done this?

•   Plan Premium Country England Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10 I had some podcast episodes within a playlist that also had normal songs but the podcasts have disappeared from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not a big deal, but a bug to worry about

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueEnglish is not my first language, so it's hard to explain, please watch the video. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ccAnbN0KVavYPDz7GEBPydQCxQjOupji/view?usp=drivesdk

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue English is not my first language, so it's hard to explain, please watch the video. &nb...
  • reeong
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Followed Artists doesn’t show liked songs, but instead redirects to Artist Page

PlanPremiumCountryUSA iPhone XS Max iOS 13 My Question or Issue Before when selecting an artist from the Artist tab under Library, you would be shown a list of songs you had previously liked. Now, whenever clicking on an artist you are redirected to ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   iPhone XS Max   iOS 13   My Question or Issue   Before when selecting an artist from the Artist tab under Library, you would be shown a list ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artist page
    artist tab
    followed artist
    liked songs
    UI disaster
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Your Library] My Artists should display liked songs

In previous versions of the iOS app, selecting an artist in “My Artists” displayed all liked/downloaded songs from that artist. Now it just brings you to the artist’s homepage. If I wanted to see my favorite songs by an artist, I would think to go to...

• Visitor
  • In previous versions of the iOS app, selecting an artist in “My Artists” displayed all liked/downloaded songs from that artist. Now it just brings you to the artist’s homepage. If I wanted to see&nbs...
  • TacoDay
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify blocks out all other audio when playing music

PlanPremiumU.S.A Device(iPhone 11 Pro Max)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Question or IssueLately I’ve been playing apps on my phone and want to listen to Spotify while playing apps however whenever I play music and go to some apps the Spotify music ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium U.S.A   Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Question or Issue Lately I’ve been playing apps on my phone and want to listen to Spotif...
  • Goldnshadow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AirPods cause music to stop when music plays on PC

DeviceiPhone XR+AirPodsOperating SystemWindows 10 So, if you start Spotify on the phone and listen through the airpods, and then switch the output (in the mobile application) to the Spotify application on the PC, while not removing AirPods from ears,...

• Visitor
  • Device iPhone XR+AirPods Operating System Windows 10   So, if you start Spotify on the phone and listen through the airpods, and then switch the output (in the mobile application) to the Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactive shuffle and repeat for good

When I connect my IPhone X via Bluetooth to my car stereo and start Spotify, the car always activates shuffle and repeat in Spotify, no matter what. Apparently I cannot change that in the car stereo's setting. Is there a way to prevent at least shuff...

• Regular
  • When I connect my IPhone X via Bluetooth to my car stereo and start Spotify, the car always activates shuffle and repeat in Spotify, no matter what. Apparently I cannot change that in the car stereo'...
  • hanneswurst
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App closes when skipping song on car

PlanFamilyCountryUkiohone xOperating System(iOS 13 My Question or Issuewhen I play Spotify on my phone whilst connected to my car the app will close and stop if I try to skip the song through my car. It’s fine if I change the song through my phone bu...

•   Plan Family Country Uk iohone x Operating System (iOS 13   My Question or Issue when I play Spotify on my phone whilst connected to my car the app will close and stop if I try t...
  • Bellchambers2
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotEQ for Spotify

PlanFamily PremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone xOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHas anyone bought/installed SpotEQ for Spotify? I would like to have a little more control over the sound output. I'm not advers...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone x Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Has anyone bought/installed SpotEQ for S...
  • Bellchambers2
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Equalizer
    Sound Control
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs from Local Files not playing on IPhone

I have synced up my IPhone XR and PC so my local files go to the playlist on my phone but i cannot play the songs on my phone https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnqKHffF_nCtQJzDxiIk_YIojI1Sxqf1/view?usp=sharing

• Visitor
  • I have synced up my IPhone XR and PC so my local files go to the playlist on my phone but i cannot play the songs on my phone   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnqKHffF_nCtQJzDxiIk_YIojI1Sxqf...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify wants internet to play downloaded songs. rural cycling fail!!!’

so, premium spotify user since 2014, I love music, and I love cycling too, together they are great! finally got out on a 3 day camping / cycling trip in rural canada, and spotify would not play any downloaded music, on phone, headphones, or BT speake...

• so,   premium spotify user since 2014, I love music, and I love cycling too, together they are great! finally got out on a 3 day camping / cycling trip in rural canada, and spotify would not pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SONGS FROM LOCAL FILES NOT SHOWING UP ON IPHONE !!

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceiPhone 7 plusOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueHi. I recently subscribed to Spotify Premium and I want some songs that I have in my files be able to play on my iPhone. Even though my phone and my computer...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device iPhone 7 plus Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Hi. I recently subscribed to Spotify Premium and I want some songs that I have in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution need immediate help for renewing my account please

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWell i was trying my account and everytime i try to do it it gives something went wrong like ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Well i ...
  • Joegod
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS and Web losing playback devices

PlanPaid DeviceiPhone SEOperating Systemlatest 13.4.1Client app: 8.5.58.1161 My Question or IssueMy iPhone and occasionaly the webbrowser loose the playback devices for Spotify. (Marantz/HEOS, Chromecast & Google Home) resulting in sudden stops and w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Paid   Device iPhone SE Operating System latest 13.4.1 Client app: 8.5.58.1161   My Question or Issue My iPhone and occasionaly the webbrowser loose the playback devices for ...
  • Vaaferias
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps staying in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountrySingapore DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueEven though im connected to the internet, the app still remains offline. However, when I use mobile data, the app becomes inline again.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Singapore   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue Even though im connected to the internet, the app still remains offline. ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iOS offline mode - give me money back, Spotify

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueHey Spotfiy. Noticed a couple of changes after the latest update. One of them is here https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Liked-Songs-Option-Gone/td-p/4980859?lightbox-me...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue Hey Spotfiy. Noticed a couple of changes after the latest update. One of them is here https:/...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Need help for renewing my account please

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone ) My Question or IssueWell i was trying my account and everytime i try to do it it gives something went wrong like in the below picture i entered debit card not working, credit card not working, even tried your a...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone )   My Question or Issue Well i was trying my account and everytime i try to do it it gives something went wrong like in the below picture...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t stop song from playing

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 8,)Operating System(iOS 10)My Question or Issue While on my song I can’t seem to select specific songs in my playlist and any tie I try to do it after listening to part of a song to see if I like it I ca...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Australia  Device (iPhone 8,) Operating System (iOS 10) My Question or Issue   While on my song I can’t seem to select specific songs in my playl...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked Songs Option Gone

I noticed yesterday the look of Spotify changed. I went to an artist page and there was a Downloaded Songs button right up near the Following button, very handy for bands that I download just the songs I need and not full albums. Please tell me there...

• Visitor
  • I noticed yesterday the look of Spotify changed. I went to an artist page and there was a Downloaded Songs button right up near the Following button, very handy for bands that I download just the son...
  • Centanjr87
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes