Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio quality over 4G / solved

Solved!

Audio quality over 4G / solved

I'm an **bleep**, the Low Data Mode was turned on.

This thread may be deleted, but probably it is wise not to, there are probably more idiots like me out there 😅

>>>

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone SE 2020

My Question or Issue:

Hi,

I have set Spotify to connect via WIFI and mobile data 4G.

Under the settings I have Audio Quality set at the highest level for both WIFI and mobile data (4G), but whenever there is no WIFI or when I switch off WIFI myself Spotify automatically sets the Audio Quality for mobile data at the lowest setting. In fact I cannot alter the quality for WIFI and mobile data at all when I am not connected via WIFI, it doesn't register any taps.

This is rather ridiculous, I know mobile data can add up when you're not careful, but I don't the need the Spotify app to protect me. I don't game, nor do I download large files when there's no Wifi. But I like to play music in good quality via WIFI and 4G.

What could be the problem? Why doesn't Spotify allow to play music at the highest quality over 4G?

Kind regards,

Arnout

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nout72, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Looks like you have the word solved in the subject of your thread. Is everything good to go or do you need help with this still? 

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nout72, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Looks like you have the word solved in the subject of your thread. Is everything good to go or do you need help with this still? 

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy-J.
Yes it is solved. There is this setting under iOS 14 called Low Data Mode, it was turned on, preventing Spotify to play at high bit rates. Obviously I have turned it off and now everything works just fine.
Thanks anyways, much appreciated!

Hey @nout72

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts