Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My question or issue

Hey, folks! So, here's the issue plain and simple: the Autoplay feature is not working*. I'll search for a song**, play it and no similar songs start playing when it ends (i.e. the app doesn't go into the song's radio). The song just goes back to 0:00 and pauses. I've performed the clean reinstall numerous times, but it was no help. This has been happening for sometime now, even after the latest updates. It's a real nuisance, since I can't enjoy nonstop music. Can you give a hand, please?

* If I toggle it off and back on, it works for some time. But as soon as I close the app, it stops working again. So I'm being forced to do this every time I open the app.

** The songs are not in a playlist or album, they're just search results.

3 Replies

Hey @phserpa,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Could you give the steps mentioned in this thread a go to check if anything changes?

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest you share the following info in that thread so it can be passed on to the right team:

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, Ver!

Sorry for taking so long to reply. 😔

I had already performed the steps in that thread before. I even tried them once again just to be sure, but nothing changed.

Anyway, I followed your instructions and shared my info in the thread.

Thank you for your help! 😊

Hi @phserpa,

Thanks for adding the info there 🙂

Something else you can try in the meantime is to add the searched song to a playlist and play it from there. Does that start Autoplay?

Also, try searching for some mainstream songs and check whether Autoplay starts for those. Sometimes the function won't work if Spotify can't find tracks similar to the ones you're playing.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts