Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone SE 2020

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Autoplay is turned off on every device I use, both mobile and desktop. But when I connect to a speaker with wifi, Spotify completely ignores this setting, switches to autoplay, and plays songs I don't want to hear. I've checked, double-checked and triple-checked that autoplay is turned off, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing works.

Please either give me a setting to turn off autoplay on all connected devices, or fix this bug!

7 Replies

Hey @daveakky,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no setting that allows you to turn off Autoplay for connected devices like Smart speakers/ home audio systems. This is something controlled by the speaker system manufacturer.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How does the speaker system manufacturer control my Spotify settings?

Hi @daveakky,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that toggling on/off the Autoplay doesn't sync across devices, and it's only available for mobile and desktop. For other devices where Autoplay was recently introduced, it's not possible to turn off the option.

On another note, manufacturers can decide to opt in or out for certain features. However, we'll make sure to pass your feedback onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Connect-Autoplay-DISABLED-but-still-ACTIVE/m-p/5288224#M182...

Fix this. It wasn't the case until about two weeks ago, so don't go telling people you can't do anything about it. You changed something, change it back.

There's lots and lots of paying customers complaining about this, and I'm sure that only a small minority of those annoyed by this "feature" are complaining, the rest are just staying silent. It's absolutely horrendous and idiotic and you'll lose my business if you don't fix this.

I have the same problem on Windows and on Android. I use Spotify Connect to connect to my HiFi. As noted by previous posts, this seems to be a recent problem - not sure when it started. Most annoying! Please fix.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Apologies for the earlier confusion, we've already reported this to the right folks who are looking into it. 

For now, please head to this thread. That's where we're handling it and gathering all relevant information. Make sure to share the following info there: 

• The make, model and OS version of your devices.
  • The Spotify version you're running. 
  • The specifications of the device you're streaming to.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This new behaviour is really bad. Defeats the purpose of offering the option of disabling autoplay.

Other streaming services don't force autoplay on their customers. Tidal is looking more intersting by the day. 

Suggested posts