Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Better iOS EQ

Better iOS EQ

Hi Spotify,

I have been using premium for almost a year now and I never want to be without it again.
Unfortunately, you‘re making my life sad. I happen to own very good over ear headphones. I was listening on Android until recently, using the Equalizer Android provides. It gives you the typical graphical settings option and some special adjustments, for example bass and clarity. This equalizer in combination with my headphones would make everyone drool with high-quality-sound-pleasure.

Recently I changed phones, now I’m on iOS 11. Now the only tool at hand is the inbuilt EQ in the spotify app: I am so disappointed I could cry. Pleeeeaaaase, make it better.

If anyone knows if there‘s an app out there that gives me Android EQ sound, I‘ll be eternally thankful.

Cheers, Basti

3 Replies

Does your headphones perhaps have available standalone apps for headphone management?  I recently bought a pair of Sony WX1000-XM2’s and there’s a dedicated app which has amazing EQ options.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I use BOSE headphones but unfortunately they do not provide an EQ in their app. I already contaced support there. Though, I saw that I am not the first person to ask for that feature but they do not seem to move. 

Other than that, from what I read it is not quite easy to implement an EQ on iOS. All apps, also music playback apps like spotify, are run in sandbox mode. Meaning, apps cannot access iOS's features. You can easily check that by using spotify and then changing presets in the EQ of the iOS own music app: nothing happens. In that case, if BOSE would develop an EQ in their app, from what I understand, it would not affect sound from the spotify app. Hence, they would need to develop an EQ that runs on the headphones themselves or try to include spotify in their app to work around that problem. I assume this is a greater challenge than just coding an EQ for the app. 

If spotify could get hands on the Android EQ and put it in the app, everything would be just fine (for me).

Im on the same page. I can't believe spotify isnt providing us with an equalizer. Any other related music app has it. Its disgusting to hear what they are doing to music cause of this. Many ppl don't care about it so they don't seem to care either. Its actually sad. 

Suggested posts