Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blurry artist pictures in bios

Solved!

Blurry artist pictures in bios

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I’m pretty damn confused because the pictures in most of the artist bios are blurry and they were never like that before. I’ve tried everything that their support site told me to do but nothing changed. Doing this because NOBODY else will get back to me on this issue!  Any solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Thanek @MattFrancis @ssvhtk-08h_n 

Looks like this issue has been fixed. If you're still seeing blurry pics, make sure the Spotify app is up to date as the fix rolls out. 

Reply back in a few days if you're still seeing this issue. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

This exact thing just happened to my photos as well, maybe it's just a problem Spotify is having at the moment?

Maybe... Spotify this needs to be resolved please 

Hey @Thanek & @ssvhtk-08h_n, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This issues is on the server side, so us as users can't fix that. I believe Spotify is currently working on it they will fix it in no time.

It seems that it only affects past uploads, the newly added pictures appear to be fine.

Hope it helps 🙂

same thing has happened to me, and I uploaded new photos and they got blurred again. Is this still happening for you all today as well?

Idk it’s happening to many and that’s not always the case. Eminem’s hasn’t been updated in a while and it’s fine. I’d still like to speak directly to an employee of Spotify, whether via Spotify Cares or other. 

I've seen this same issue and it appears to only happen on some artist pages, not all of them.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@Thanek @MattFrancis @ssvhtk-08h_n 

Looks like this issue has been fixed. If you're still seeing blurry pics, make sure the Spotify app is up to date as the fix rolls out. 

Reply back in a few days if you're still seeing this issue. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I just updated my S4A and all my pictures are blurry as well , I’ve tried multiple different pictures and versions of the pictures and they all get blurred out 1 second after posting them 

Hey @DirtyKravitz,

Thanks for reaching out.

We'd recommend checking out the artist image guidelines and making sure your image meets them. If all conditions are met and the image still becomes blurry, it's best to reach out to the Spotify for Artists Support Team through the button at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts