Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Artist and Album view- update not as user friendly

Bring Back Artist and Album view- update not as user friendly

I know this isn't the 1st post regarding this subject, but I want to add another one because I cannot stand the new update.  I don't even know how to navigate my library any longer.  Who doesn't navigate by artist??? (other than a few that prefer album)... but with both options gone, it feels impossible to create playlists. 

I spoke to customer service and their only suggestion was to add every song I have liked to a playlist and sort by artist, but that is unacceptable.  I've done some reasearch and every other top streaming service allows you to view your library by artist... bringing that back is a MUST, or else many people will be leaving Spotify!

3 Replies

Hey @cmcrich2 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Your saved songs which were in the folder called Songs before now can be found in Favorite Songs playlist, the one with the white heart in a purple background.

Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

With all my respect, I wonder how long it will take you to finally see the elephant in the room : premium users don't like the new update and want the old UI back. The new UI makes the app as inconvenient as possible. There are many posts about it with many fair reasons to dislike it. Bring back the old UI or give us a possibility to chose between old or new. I'm seriously considering switching to another service if the UI stays like that, my whole library got messy and I'm forced to do tons of playlists, it's always a challenge opening the app and seeing how messy and inconvenient and time-consuming everything is now.

Es verdad, yo solicité ayuda por este asunto. Me comentaron que son cambios probando cosas nuevas, pero sinceramente a nadie le esta gustando este cambio. Yo preferí cancelar mi suscripción y probar otras opciones. Así que concuerdo contigo. 

Suggested posts