Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] AirPlay Causes UI Malfunction

[Bug] AirPlay Causes UI Malfunction

Hi there!

So I have found a really annoying sequence of commands that will cause the UI on spotify to dissapear showing only album art, meaning that to do anything like go back to the main screen the app needs to be restarted and it is related to activating the airplay speaker in-app.

So first without AirPlay enabled, when I search "Best of You" and tap the Foo Fighters result to play that, I then tap the bar at the bottom to open the player, tap the volume icon so I can select my AirPlay speaker. After selecting the speaker the app will then return to the player showing only the Album art with no button to go back to the previous screen. I can swipe backwards and forwards and that's it.

Cheers, I will attach screenshots soon 🙂

3 Replies

I'm using an Apple TV and I can't seem to replicate this issue, you able to log out -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and delete the app -> Reinstall from App Store and try again?

If it still persists, can you provide the steps to replicate this issue (like the specific steps)? And try other airplay speakers?

@Gergy
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hey I'd just like to add that I am also experiencing be this issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but continue to get this exact same result whenever I AirPlay anything. It may be worth noting that I am on the iOS 8 beta 4. There are no specific steps that I've taken - whenever I AirPlay to an Apple TV I can only see album art and can only swipe left or right between album covers (and thus go to the previous and next tracks) but have no other controls.

@Tezbo Spotify on iOS 8 isn't supported as its a developers release. There's reports that it doesn't work that well so far (for beta versions that is).

Edit: More information here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-does-not-work-in-iOS-8-Beta-...

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts