Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: Three dots menu is hidden by Play button on iPhone SE (2016)

Solved!

Bug: Three dots menu is hidden by Play button on iPhone SE (2016)

Plan

Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

iPhone SE (2016)

Operating System

iOS 14.7

App Version

Can't access three dots menu on playlists with Russian locale. With English it's kinda possible, but tricky.

photo_2021-07-21_12-19-06.jpg
photo_2021-07-21_12-19-08.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally fixed in version 8.6.58.1030. Thanks to the support and dev teams!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

In my case, the 3 dots are under the shuffle play button. I can't download music because of that.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 16.43.29.jpeg

Hi @Andremota07,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

Could you let us know if you've tried the troubleshooting steps shared on this thread? They have helped other users and may work for you too. 

Also, please try using the app in landscape mode to be able to tap on the 3 dots and start downloading the music.

Let us know if you notice any changes after following these steps.

Cheers.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Julian. Thanks for the reply. I did all steps on the troubleshooting and the landscape view does not work on my iphone and in 3 other different iphones from my friends.

Hey @Andremota07,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

We'd suggest you also try with another account to see if that makes a difference.

If nothing changes, could you share with us your device + OS version and the exact Spotify version that is running on your phone? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there @Stranger451,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note - does this occur on one specific playlists or multiple?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

On another note - does this occur on one specific playlists or multiple?

It happens only with my own playlists (all of them) where is the "Enhance" button appears.

Hi! I did all the steps and did a clean install Still have the issue. It begun with this new button “enriquecer” witch I don’t know how it’s called in English. It moved the 3 dots under the shuffle button. Thanks for helping.

43775447-5ADD-4B53-9460-204412E78D66.png

Hi again @Stranger451,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app?

It would also be great if you can make on of your playlists public and send us the URI of that one so that we can have a closer look directly from our end.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Andremota07,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Sorry for the previous confusion, the landscape view is not available in iOS at the moment. 

Please check the accessibility settings on your phone to make sure the font size is not too big. You can find it by going to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.

Also, let us know if the "Enriquecer" button appears only on your own playlists, or if it shows in every playlist you open.

Lastly, please don't forget to send us the model of your phone, the version of your operating system, and the version of the Spotify app you're running. This way we can keep investigating.

Until then!

JulianModerator

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app?

Yes, I performed clean reinstall.

It would also be great if you can make on of your playlists public and send us the URI of that one so that we can have a closer look directly from our end.

Here you go

Hi @Stranger451,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

So far, it seems like the "Enhance" button is moving the 3 dot menu behind the Play button.

Please check the accessibility settings on your phone to make sure the font size is not too big. You can find it by going to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.

Let us know if you notice any difference.

Cheers!

JulianModerator

So far, it seems like the "Enhance" button is moving the 3 dot menu behind the Play button.

Yep, that's the case. That buttons layout don't take into account text localization with longer words.

It's all default. I can adjust fonts to the smallest and see menu button, but phone will be unusable on such a small screen.

Hi @Stranger451,

Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate you for bearing with us and sending us all this useful information. We've passed it to the right team who will start looking into this issue. 

At the moment we're not able to provide you with a timeframe for a fix, but we can recommend keeping the app updated.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Let us know if you have any questions! 

JulianModerator

Hey @Andremota07!

Just wanted to clarify that the issue you reported is different to the main issue in this thread, but no worries. We've received similar reports in this other thread and we already alerted the right team so they can investigate. We suggest that you leave the information we previously requested as a comment in the new thread so we can have all the info about this issue in one place. 

Take care! 

JulianModerator

Hey folks,

There's a newer version of the app (8.6.50). Can you make sure to update it and let us know if the issue is still present?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Build 8.6.50.969. Issue still there.

Build 8.6.55.1233. Still present.

Hey there @Stranger451,

Thanks for the reply.

We've reported this to the folks, working on the issue.

We'll let you know here as soon as we hear something.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Finally fixed in version 8.6.58.1030. Thanks to the support and dev teams!

Suggested posts