Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Edit Playlists in IOS App

Can't Edit Playlists in IOS App

Is this happening to anybody else too?

About a month ago the "Edit" button disappeared on playlists and I have to use my laptop to change anything.

*I've already been talking to a Spotify rep for a few weeks about this problem and they have no idea what's happening. I'm just wondering if anybody else is getting this glitch also.

9 Replies

Hi @bigunzzz can you send a screenshot please 

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just the basic editing of a playlist 

681AB89A-EBD3-47DD-A424-B3CA630A2C92.jpeg

I have the same problem. I’m not Premium, if that adds any information.

I'm not either, but it has always been a basic function since Spotify started, and the Spotify reps I've spoken to said it is a glitch. 

Good to know it's not just happening to me though.

Actually, I just heard back from them again and it turns out they are removing the ability to edit playlists or adjust volume, they are becoming "premium" features now.

I had a hunch that was the case. Grrrr...

Wow - that is something. I’m probably not going to use Spotify much longer if that’s the case. I hate how they’re just pushing you to get premium more and more. Like May as well just charge to get the app and have all features available from the beginning! Might keep more users that way. Is it me or are all these businesses gettting more greedy??

More greedy? You're complaining about something that's free? How many streaming services are out there offering free tier at all?

I just upgraded to premium and it still doesn't let you edit playlists on ios/ipados 😞

The "Edit" button is there, but it doesn't do anything but let you delete songs.

Suggested posts