Can't change the track using in car controls

Re: Can't change the track using in car controls

andrec
Casual Listener

I have a 2012 BMW with NAVI, Bluetooth and iPhone4 in original BMW phone adapter.

My car, have the latest multimedia update from BMW (UPD01005), my iPhone4 have iOS 6.0.1 and I use Spotify App 0.5.9.10 (no other apps installed)

When I start Spotify the music plays fine and title info and cover art are displayed in the NAVI screen. The track numbers that are displayed are from iPhones Music App. And I cannot skip tracks with iDrive buttons or buttons on steering wheel. They link to iPhones Music App as well. So if I push Next or Prev, Spoyify stops and the next/prev track will be played from iPhones Music App. It seems like the Music App auto starts when the phone is connected with the car adapter or USB.

If I remove the iPhone from the adapter and use it with Bluetooth all buttons work fine, and title info and track number is displayed correct in the NAVI display. Only drawback, there is no cover art.

But this seems like the best solution for now.

So my question is: Is there a way to get steering wheel and/or iDrive buttons to work with Spotify when the phone is in the car adapter or connected to USB?

LukeTarver
Music Fan

My colleague has the exact same experience with this 2011 Toyota Highlander. Bluetooth works fine as expected, but USB is problematic with the Music app continually butting in.

Mr_Moe
Regular

Just to further clarify, the issue I have reported earlier is NOT releated to a Bluetooth connection, instead I'm referring to a connection using the standard BMW ipod cable (which has a normal iPhone cable on one side, while the other side has USB & AUX connections) 

ThePantman
Casual Listener

I have the same problem with my Alpine iDA-x305 car stereo. I can no longer use the in-car controls to control Spotify.

It used to work so well! I hope Spotify can fix this ASAP. I'm sure many users like to listen to music in their car!

I'm running the IOS 6.0.1 and Spotify app 0.5.9.10 and core 0.7.1.6114

Mr_Moe
Regular

I can now confirm it is indeed the latest Spotify App Version 0.5.9.10 that has caused this defect. This is how I can confirm:

I have 2 identical iPhone 4S handsets (both running the iOS6.1). One iphone has Spotify version 0.5.9.10, while the other has Spotify version 0.5.8.73

I've tested both in my BMW / Mini Cooper.

Version 0.5.9.10 has all the issues described earlier

Version 0.5.8.73 works PERFECTLY!!!

Can anyone tell me if / how I can download the old Spotify iOS version (i.e. Version 0.5.8?) PLEASE!!!

LukeTarver
Music Fan

I've had the same issues you report for months spanning several updates with my 2011 Legacy, plugged in via USB.

I'm not holding my breath that it'll be fixed any time soon, they've been struggling to fix the repeating song radio station bug for months now.

hugs
Casual Listener

For what it's worth, the steering wheel and radio controls on my FIAT 500 with Blue&Me are indeed working with the current version of Spotify.

SurejNZ
Regular

I hope there is a fix or workaround for this issue. 

At the moment I play music using Bluetooth connection but controls to next  and previous songs don't work. 

Prankstar
Regular

Bumb

jh25552
Regular

bump

A solution could be to download an earlier version while jailbroken. Did anyone try that yet?

SUGGESTED POSTS