Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

This issue has been reported before, and that thread has annoyingly been marked as resolved, but this is clearly an active bug, e.g.: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Can-t-stop-or-leave-Group-Session-when-connected-to...

The scenario:

• You connect to a group session at a friend’s house
  • You don’t explicitly disconnect from the group session
  • The next day you open the Spotify app at home and connect to Bluetooth speaker — but you’re still connected to the group session, and you can’t leave, as the “Leave session” button doesn’t do anything

When the above happens, the ONLY way to resolve it is rebooting your phone (even force-closing the app doesn’t help). I got this tip from a different thread, which is evidence it’s been reported multiple time by different people.

I’ve already done all of the following:

• Updated the app to the latest version
  • Clean install of the app
  • Repro’d on multiple devices and accounts
8 Replies

Hey @user-removed, 

Help’s here! 

We can confirm that the Group session feature is currently in Beta, meaning that some unexpected behavior could be observed. You can find more info here

We've also passed your feedback on to the right folks here at Spotify. Sharing your feelings about how the app works helps us improve the user experience with Spotify by performing updates and adding new features.  

We also recommend enabling the automatic updates on your device so you don't miss a thing.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 12 Pro

Device OS: 15.5
Spotify Version: 8.7.66.438

Hello! I was on a FaceTime call with my friend, and the Spotify Group Session popped up while I was on my Spotify app, so I tried it out. Unfortunately, when clicking the 'End Session' option in the Spotify app itself, any time I tried to play my own music, the group would automatically reconnect and my friend would hear my music. It was the same outcome when I tried to use the 'End Group Session' for 'Everyone' and 'Just for Me' options in the FaceTime-Spotify button menu as well. I also tried the options on the official Spotify page (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/group-session-on-speaker/) but they did not work.

Hey @umaib,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. Since you already tried the steps of the Group session on speaker, we'd recommend following the steps mentioned in this article as they're more related to your type of issue.

In case you've already done it, we'd suggest trying it from a different device (like a PC or a different mobile), following the same steps previously mentioned.

Lastly, if the group session is still active, would you mind trying the process again, but using a different Wi-Fi network or mobile data? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having an issue where I connected and it wont let me leave a group session. I have tried logging out everywhere, changing my password, restarting my devices, reinstalling updated versions, force closing the app, and changing the wifi/data/turning off bluetooth. Every time I log on it still says I am in a session. The "Leave Session" button doesn't even exist for some reason? I also don't have the host's contact info but I think we are trapped separately because it has been a while. Please help :')

Hey there @3mm6lf-_bpu5h,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this has happened.

Normally, logging out should disconnect any active group sessions. 

To investigate this further, can you please send us a screenshot of the notification you're receiving. It would be great if you can tell us if this is happening only on one of your devices or all of the - mobile/ PC/ web player.

Please include your device model, OS version and current Spotify version in your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Happened to me too, but rebooting the app didn't help.. I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. This was a really bad user experience!!! I joined a session by accident because of a popup about a session I didn't want to join and managed to hit the wrong button.

Ps. I couldn't find any "End session" button anywhere..

Hey @vvvvvvv,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please check out the post by @Alex above and send over the requested details so we can look into the matter more closely?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts