Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in on the app.

Can't log in on the app.

Plan

Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 5c

Operating System

iOS 10.3.3

My Question or Issue

My Spotify started playing random songs in the middle of my playlist, and when i searched why it said I'd probably been hacked, so I changed the password and clicked 'sign out everywhere' just to be safe. I logged back in on the web player without any issues but when I tried on the app on my phone, it said, under the email field 'It doesn't match a Spotify account. Please try again.'

Because of this, I changed my email from my computer and verified it, but it still won't let me log in on the app. Does the app need to be updated? Because my phone is only updated to iOS 10.3.3 which means I can't update Spotify to the latest version. 

6 Replies

Hi @mbonsall

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

We understand where you're coming from and we'll do our best to help you out.

No worries, in this case we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify answer and following the steps you can find there. This will ensure that your account is secure and that you don't experience any of these interruptions. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Similar happened to me.  I never log out of my account so I was a bit confused. I went and grabbed my planner and flipped to where I wrote down what my login was. I had to use it a couple times when I log out to free up storage. It has always worked. However, this time, I put in both my email and my password - it didn't work at all.

Hey @olivia_f,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you send us some screenshots of the error message you're receiving?

This will help us look into the matter further.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the answer, Alex

Unfortunately, I didn't take the screenshots. If this error will repeat I'll attach

I've already done those things, the issue is that I can't log in again after changing the password and everything. I tried logging in on someone elses phone and it worked so maybe I just need a new phone?

Hey @mbonsall,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, following this Guide. This will make sure you've cleared all app cache and data, which may be causing issues with the log-in.

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts