Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reinstall Spotify Premium after uninstalling

Solved!

Can't reinstall Spotify Premium after uninstalling

We've been using Spotify Premium on my wife's old iPad 3 and it has been working fine. However, the device was running out if storage space and I saw that Spotify was using over 2 gigs of space. And apparently the only way to clear the cache is to uninstall and reinstall the app. So I uninstalled it.

But now it seems I can't reinstall the app from App store as the latest version requires IOS 10 which is not available for iPad 3. 

Please don't tell me there is no way to reinstall the older version, which was working just fine yesterday?

Device

(iPad)

Operating System

(iOS 9)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ailvesma!

Sorry to hear your having this issue.

As figured out, reinstalling a new version of Spotify on your device obligates your device to be up to date.

What i suggest is this wonderfull thread, written by @Goodman, our community manager, which addresses this issue dircetly.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks! In case someone else has the same problem, I was able to install an older version of Spotify after after doing the following:

1) Downloaded and installed the specific version of Itunes for PC that was linked to in the aforementioned thread.

2)Attempted to install Spotify through the PC iTunes, which failed with an error message about the IOS version

3)Attempted to install Spotify through App Store on the iPad, which this time presented me with the option of installing an older version for IOS 9.

Success!

What I cannot understand is why App Store can't suggest installing an older version without going through the all that PC iTunes trickery first...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @ailvesma!

Sorry to hear your having this issue.

As figured out, reinstalling a new version of Spotify on your device obligates your device to be up to date.

What i suggest is this wonderfull thread, written by @Goodman, our community manager, which addresses this issue dircetly.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

Hey @ailvesma,

Thanks for your question. Hope you're doing great.

We can assure you that Spotify does everything they can to have everyone enjoying their music, but they can't guarantee Spotify works on older devices that are not included in the system requirements. You can check those out here.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Marked as solution

Thanks! In case someone else has the same problem, I was able to install an older version of Spotify after after doing the following:

1) Downloaded and installed the specific version of Itunes for PC that was linked to in the aforementioned thread.

2)Attempted to install Spotify through the PC iTunes, which failed with an error message about the IOS version

3)Attempted to install Spotify through App Store on the iPad, which this time presented me with the option of installing an older version for IOS 9.

Success!

What I cannot understand is why App Store can't suggest installing an older version without going through the all that PC iTunes trickery first...

Hey @ailvesma,

Thanks for letting us know.

Great to hear you can still enjoy Spotify! 🙂 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a great day!

Suggested posts