Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

With this new Liked songs playlist taking over for the Songs category it's impossible to only view my offline songs (without taking my whole device offline I guess) 

Can we just add a filter option that says "downloaded only" like what used to exist in the songs and albums tabs? Otherwise I'm either eating through my data or just having my music randomly pause as it struggles to load on my horrible cell service. 

7 Replies

Hey @hefightabear and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works, for which you can check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

It’s not an idea though is it. It’s something you have just taken away. I can’t shuffle my songs anymore whilst on the move as it’s eats up my data and costs me. You have replied with this answer on other similar posts and it doesn’t answer anything.

Hi Alex,

I know this is not the functionality you are looking/hoping for, but it will alleviate the eating through data problem. You can take Spotify itself offline by going to the cog on the homepage > playback > and switching the "Offline" toggle to on. This will allow Spotify to only play songs you have downloaded onto your device. You will have to come back online at least once every 30 days so that Spotify can verify that your premium subscription is still active.

Yeah I do that switch if I need to if it's taking way too long to load**bleep** data plan. The point is I shouldn't have to do that - when I specifically downloaded this album to be available without data. Just a weird design choice

Same issue here. Why don't just allow us to filter the liked songs playlist like we could before the update! What's the point in removing this feature... I used it everyday.

Agreed. This was a core function of my daily usage and an unbelievable oversight. An option to revert to the old UI should be provided in the case of such large overhauls if feature parity is not guaranteed, especially with an application that is such a core part of its users day to day.

Terrible isn't it?

I ended up cancelling Spotify for this reason amongst a few.

If i have 5000 downloaded, i want a simple shuffle facility for the downloaded songs. With this new 'update' i have to go and 'like' songs, add them into playlists etc.

The previous shuffle all function was excellent. It enabled me to shuffle all my downloaded songs. 

The only good thing about the latest update, is that it has allowed me to go back to a basic account, but i can still listen without adverts . This is definitely a bug but it seems to be karma in my opinion as well.

Spotify remove the shuffle all facility, so i then get premium benefits without being premium.

Suggested posts