Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot disable album/playlist shuffle

Cannot disable album/playlist shuffle

Version 8.5.60.881

Plan: Premium Family

Device iPhone 11, iOS 13.5.1

Since last iOS or last Spotify app update (don‘t know exactly), all my playlists and albums are shuffled.

It‘s shuffeling inside of the single album / playlist, but also plays songs from other playlists.

When I disable shuffle mode on each track step by step, album shuttle is switched on anyway.

I‘m not alble playing whole albums or playlists in the right direction.

8 Replies

Hey @ErwinThal,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Aside from double-checking your internet connection is working well, would you mind logging out and then back in or reinstalling the app as well as restarting your device? Any of those might do the trick.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem on my phone. I tried logging out, deleting the app, turning off my phone and nothing is working.

Same problem. iOS 13.5.1. The app is now unusable for me as I listen mainly to classical music and the jumping around of tracks is maddening.

How can I get actual technical support here?

Hi, Please can we get a solution here I have just renewed my subscription to premium and now all of my music is shuffled and i have tried reinstalling, logging out etc as suggested. If I don'tget a solution in the next few days I will be asking for a refund as this is totally unusable - both iPad and iPhone are a problem, weirdly my iMac is ok

I look forward to a prompt response

Removing and reinstalling the app fixed it for a couple of days. Now it's shuffling again. Completely useless - this is not how I listen to music. Why have a premium account?

When will Spotify tech staff acknowledge and FIX this problem?

Hey there folks,    

Thanks for posting about this in the Community. We're here to help.  

You can start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the device in use. This step ensures your account data refresh and you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. Take a look at these steps on how to do that.   

Also, make sure you're logged in to the correct Spotify account since users are allowed to create multiple accounts for different purposes. Check out this help article on how to find out if you're logging in with the right credentials.  

It's always a good idea to disable any power saving or data cleaning settings when this is happening on a mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.     

Suggested posts