Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant sync local filed between windows app and iPhone

Cant sync local filed between windows app and iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10 & iPhone 6 Plus

My Question or Issue

I go to 'Local Files' on left side of windows app. Select all 195 files and select 'add to playlist' and select an empty playlist calls Fav+. I then go to Fav+ in playlists section on left and all 195 files show up ok and I can play/etc all songs. All good so far.

I then go to iPhone app and go to 'YOur Library' then to 'Playlists' and sure enough the Fax+ playlist shows up, however there are only 4 of the expected 195 songs show up. Have repeated several times with same effect.

3 Replies

Hey @DaveSliter, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

I would recommend moving all your songs from Local Files section to a new playlist. That playlist would sync to your iPhone as well 🙂

Now just navigate to Your Library inside Playlists section to the new playlist created with the local songs. Inside that playlist on the top right corner tap on the … and enable the Download option in order for the songs to be saved now to your phone too.

Just wait for the process to be completed 🙂

Hope it helps!

THanks for response. THats exactly what I did -- moved all the files from local files to a new playlist (195 songs) but only 4 showed up on the iPhone. I ensured both PC and iPhone on same wifi and have premium accoujnt + waited hours to see if it was just slow. I repeated the sequence a few times with different playlist names over several days and always same 4 songs only show up.

Hey @DaveSliter,

Try to use another network connection for that matter to see if that makes a

difference 🙂

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts