Car Function

Car Function

Luckbert
Casual Listener
Hello all,
I am using the Spotify app in my Car, I'd like to have the option that the device will not go into standby Mode unless I have quit.

In the past I used CarTunes for local files which gave the opportunity to switch such a function.
3 Replies

Re: Car Function

jeremygoh
Community Legend
@Luckbert

You can go to your iPhone Settings and set the Auto-Lock mode to "Never" - so that your device won't go to standby mode.

Set the amount of time before iPhone locks
Go to iPhone Settings > General > Auto-Lock and choose "Never"
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Luckbert
Casual Listener
Hello,

Many thanks, but this means that my iPhone never will go automatically into standby and I need always to switch and go through couple of menus just before listening spotify. For me that makes no sense, the auto standby should be just deactivated if I have spotlight running.

I think that's an easy implementation into the app for the next revision, i am sure that many would appreciate this function.

jeremygoh
Community Legend
Hey @Luckbert

I know its an annoyance, but this is the best workaround now..

On a side note:

There are some outstanding issues that Spotify is fixing for cars right now.. esp when its not showing album arts or titles.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Spotify-on-car-stereo/m-p/538260#M1812
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

SUGGESTED POSTS