Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CarPlay very slow loading downloaded songs

CarPlay very slow loading downloaded songs

Using CarPlay, after clicking on a playlist, it takes more than 1 minute to have the songs displayed. Playlist has about 100 songs. Never had this behaviour before. Normally, the display is instantaneous on CarPlay. It is still instantaneous on the phone itself.

All songs downloaded of very high quality.

I also reinstalled spotify app, without success.

iPhone XR, iOS 15.3.1

spotify latest version : 8.7.8.1699

48 Replies

Hey @acheong,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We understand you're experiencing issues using your Spotify app with CarPlay. Great that you've started troubleshooting! We can suggest you to take a moment again and
to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, which is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this makes any difference for you.

It's a good idea to also check if your mobile device and CarPlay application need updating as well.

If nothings changes after reinstalling and updating your apps and device again, then it'd be helpful if you send us a short video of the situation occurring, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Kiril for your suggestion. I tried the clean reinstall, I followed all the steps in the link below. Unfortunately, it did not fix the issue. I have attached a screenshot of the carplay display, to be clear what the issue is. The slow response is when it is waiting to display the contents of the playlist. It has less than 100 downloaded songs, all very high quality. Please do note that the loading is instantaneous on the phone itself.

Thanks

Alain

p.s I also tried Spotify support yesterday, with no success.

acheong-LoadingPlaylist.jpg

Hey @acheong,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

If possible, could you try logging in to your account on another device? Then you can download songs and connect the device to the car to see if that changes anything.

That way we can check if this is a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Hi Ver, unfortunately I have only my iPhone. My workaround is to play Spotify using my iPhone , before I start driving.
Alain

Encounter the same problem. It used to be working properly and now i'm experiencing delays which are frustrating. Hope you guys are aware of the problem and issue patch in the next update.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies!

Could you try connecting your iPhone via USB to your CarPlay stereo to see if that does the trick? Also, does this issue persist only on playlists you've downloaded or with all playlists in general?

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello Yordan,

The issue happens to persist regardless of the playlists (downloaded or not). I also tried connecting through usb port but the playlist remains unloaded. The playlists can still be loaded somehow but with multiples attempts , sometimes  it pops up after a minute of loading or so, sometimes it freezes at "Loading playlist , please wait". I don't know what is causing this problem because it still ran smoothly last week.

Hey @Gryth,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know how large are the playlists you've downloaded on your phone. If they contain a high number of tracks, this might be adding to the latency.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

For your question. I have like 5 playlists (all downloaded), the 1st one got like 130 songs or so (despite the fact it has the largest amount of songs, its the only playlist that can be loaded instantly w/o any problem). The rest 4 got like 20 songs each meet difficulty in loading like I mentioned before in the previous replies. Strange right!?

Thanks for hanging around.

Hi @Gryth,

Thanks for the reply.

There could be some caching issues between your devices and your account, which may be causing this. We'd recommend getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support, who'll take care of this in no time, but keep in mind that you'll have to re-download your tracks. Once this has been done, check if the issue with CarPlay has been resolved.

Keep us posted.

YordanModerator

I have been having the same problem. I have reinstalled Spotify, cleared  my cache. I have have over 1600 songs. 

Same! I have been having the same issue with my CarPlay. If my friends connects their then it works smooth like a butter, so I don’t know what’s the issue with mine. Only with my downloaded songs. I have done clean reinstall as well

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your posts here.

We get that more users are experiencing this situation with CarPlay being slow to load your playlists. However, we still want to focus the scope of what exactly to report, so we'd need a bit more complete info from your end folks. 

First off, make sure you're rocking the latest available version of Spotify, if you are in doubt then please follow the steps for updating the app here. If this situation still occurs and you're sure you've exhausted all preliminary troubleshooting (like clean reinstall and soft resets/restarts of your devices), then we'd ask all who are still experiencing this to please share with us the following info:

1. Device (make and model) + exact OS version.
  2. Exact Spotify version.
  3. The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
  4. Example of a playlist that suffers from this issue (or if it's private one just mention the amount of songs it contains).
  5. Short video illustrating the situation. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

Hi, 

Im having the same issue, with an iphone xs on the newest IOS verion, also on the newest spotify verison. Tried to clear the cache data and reinstall the app as well, however my playlists loading in within minutes at the best. (Even tho there are 12 songs in most of them at max) Sidenote: my liked songs loads in almost instantly (nearly 300 songs) every time.

Hi @Ducky006!

Does this occur only when the playlists are downloaded? Could you share the URLs of a few playlists that take longer than usual to load? Also, does the playlist size have any noticeable difference in the load time?

A short video which shows this in action would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

YordanModerator

Hy Yordan, 

I can't provide video footage because my car at the mechanic, but here is a playlist for example: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gx4jSZO8FeiCRqaPqAwwn?si=807730f1d2844e59 usually couple of mins to load up, however as I saw the numbers of songs is irrelevant since this actual list has 13 songs init, while my other playlists has nearly 30 or more, and the loading time more or less the same. 

And for the first question: Yes, only downloaded songs, as I don't have unlimited network data to play around with it.

Thank you very much!

Hey there @Ducky006,

Thanks for your response and the info provided. 

We'd still appreciate if you're able to send a short video recording of the situation, when your vehicle is around and available for further troubleshooting . The video will be very helpful for our teams in their efforts to better replicate this situation.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator

Is there a fix for this yet? Mine does the same. Sometimes doesn’t load at all. If I open the playlist on my phone and then go back into the app on CarPlay its there 

Hi all, 

Here I attach the video from this morning, about the problem.

Sorry for the lame voice!

https://youtu.be/18pkj4bEmNg

Suggested posts