Device

iPhone 12 Max Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Vehicle

Volkswagen Atlas 2021

My Question or Issue

I've upgrade my phone to an iPhone 12 Max Pro, running the latest version of iOS 14.4.  Volkswagen vehicles have two "channels" -- one for music and one for voice commands for the car.  For some reason, Spotify music goes through the channel for voice commands.

I've called Apple to narrow down the issue -- YouTube and Apple Music plays through the correct audio channel as expected.  Volkswagen has found nothing wrong.  My wife's iPhone 11 Max Pro (from last year) works fine and plays music from Spotify through the music channel.  Any ideas what might be wrong with the Spotify app?  Is there a setting I have missed?  I'm looking to have Spotify music play through the correct music channel on my car.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi @gigantic_snow,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues playing your tunes in the car. Currently there are no settings in the app itself which would allow you to control what audio channels your smart devices use when streaming music from Spotify.

This is not controlled by Spotify and we'd suggest you contact the support teams from Apple and VW. Another thing you can try is to enable all permissions to the Spotify app on your phone, as there might be a setting blocking access to this audio channel on the car.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts