Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain Song Won't Play on One Device

Certain Song Won't Play on One Device

I'm a longtime premium user. I have run across a song that will not play on my iPhone. I have tried to download it, but it will not download successfully, either. The song plays correctly from another IOS device and from desktop. When tapped to play on the iPhone, nothing happens. It will stop another song (if playing), but nothing further happens. The other tracks on the album all play correctly and will download. 

I have deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app once with no difference. I have forced a restart on the iPhone also, no difference. 

Other suggestions? Thank you. 

3 Replies

Hey @abingdon 

Is the song greyed out by any chance? If so then that means that the song isn't available in your region. If it's not greyed out do you get an error message when you try to play the song or does it just stop at 0.00

Keanu_C

Not grayed out. As I mentioned, it plays fine on other devices. When tapped, for an instant it looks like it’s going to play - the little bar at the bottom with the song name just barely emerges - but it recedes just as quickly, then nothing. 

Try removing the song from your playlist and readding back into it. Or if it is saved, unsave the song and then readd it back to your save category.

Keanu_C

Suggested posts