Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPod Touch, iPad Mini, Desktop

Operating System

iOS11, iOS9, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was wondering if anyone can help explain how radio stations are supposed to work. At the moment I have created a couple of stations based on artists and have followed them. However I have seen inconsistant behaviour when I go to access them - some of the time they refresh the list of songs to be something different each time I go into them, other times it keeps showing the same list of songs. I've seen this behaviour on the Desktop app, my iPod and iPad at different times.

Are followed radio stations supposed to refresh the list of songs each time you load one? Or just at random times?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the community!

According to my own experience, Spotify's radio stations will only change songs once you are not listening to that station for at least 3(ish) hours. There is a cooldown so that you can resume playback of that radio station from the device again if you wish.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, and have a lovely day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the community!

According to my own experience, Spotify's radio stations will only change songs once you are not listening to that station for at least 3(ish) hours. There is a cooldown so that you can resume playback of that radio station from the device again if you wish.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, and have a lovely day!

Cool, thank you!

Suggested posts