Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collections tab disappeared

Solved!

Collections tab disappeared

Hi,

I've been really enjoying the collections function on the iPhone (apart from having to create duplicates in playlists if I want to go offline but that's a different matter) however yesterday after logging in with a different account then back in with mine the option has disappeared and I'm only left with playlists again.
I've checked with my girlfriends account which is still working fine, it just seems to have been removed from mine.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but that hasn't worked either.

Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me? I was getting used to spotify as my main music service but this could be a deal breaker for me.

Incidentally, I don't suppose anyone is aware of when collections would be rolling out to the iPad?

Thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Paul! We're glad to hear you're a fan of Collection and we're sorry to hear you're missing it atm.

We'll try to get it back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, trying logging out and in every days to see if you're back in the right group.

It should be with you soon.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Paulsutcliffe wrote:

Hi Richard,

Just a quick update to let you know there's still no luck on this. I've logged in and out again every day but no change.

Thanks for your help with this!

Sorry to hear that Paul. Unfortunately there's no way for us to manually opt you into a beta or user testing group.

Hopefully Collection will be coming out soon though - so for now you'll just have to hang in there I'm afraid.

Thanks for your patience!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey @Paulsutcliffe 🙂 

Few questions before we ask someone to look into this for you:

- Are you part of the Collections Beta? 

- What is the username of the account you have lost collection on? If you log in via Facebook username is shown on your online account.

- Can you see collection in the web player

Also as for iPad, Spotify rarely comment on upcoming releases. However, bearing in mind we still don't have discover on iPad I wouldn't hold your breath too much!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for coming back to me Peter.

Firstly, nope I'm not a part of the beta, I was pleasantly surprised when it had just turned up!

The username is paulsutcliffe

...and nope collections is not available in the web player either.

Nope, it does seem to be that way. I really want to get on board with spotify but I suspect I may take issue with their way of announcing new features, some of which sound, or are, great then the actual roll out us either none existent or incredibly sporadic or buggy.

Going to ask someone to check this out for you. 

Peter

Thanks very much. That's great!
Marked as solution

Hey Paul! We're glad to hear you're a fan of Collection and we're sorry to hear you're missing it atm.

We'll try to get it back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, trying logging out and in every days to see if you're back in the right group.

It should be with you soon.

That's fantastic Richard thanks very much.

Hello,

I have similar issue. I've got Premium since yesterday, and nothing has changed for me I don't see 'Artist' or 'Album' tab in the collection area. The Premium account is active, I tried clean reinstallation but it did not help. On the same PC when my friend log in the collection looks good, so it must be something with my account.

Same on my mobile. I only can see playlists I created, no Artists, no Albums, etc.

Please help, it's frustrating 😞

krumkur

So the Collections feature is outof beta????

I don't know which are beta features and which are regular ones. I just started using it, same way as my friend, He has tab with artists and albums. and he has an option on albums 'Add to collection' (or something like that, I know polish version only). I can only add album as playlist.

No collection is still in beta. There appear to currently be two groups of Collection users:

- Testers who applied to take part in the collection beta (applications are now closed).

- A small number of randomly selected Spotify users who haven't applied. 

Don't worry, it should make its way out to everyone sometime in the future! 

Peter

Hi Richard,

Just a quick update to let you know there's still no luck on this. I've logged in and out again every day but no change.

Marked as solution

@Paulsutcliffe wrote:

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that Paul. Unfortunately there's no way for us to manually opt you into a beta or user testing group.

Hopefully Collection will be coming out soon though - so for now you'll just have to hang in there I'm afraid.

Thanks for your patience!

My husband and I each have a premium membership so we pay $20 a month - we both love spotify so far; however, he has access to the Collections tab and I don't. For me, the service is close to pointless without that option. I don't want to create playlists of individual songs as my only option. I feel like I'm not getting the same service that my husband is but I am paying the same price. An earlier comment posted says to be patient. I'd be willing to wait a short while for the issue to be resolved but I'm not going to keep paying $10 a month for less service than what others are currently receiving. 

I think this pretty much hits the nail on the head. Yep, it's a little irritating how the collections feature has disappeared when I was quite happily using it before but I think it's more the disparity in what people are receiving. If no one was getting it that would be fair enough but when my girlfriend can log in and there it is it seems a little wrong.

I love the idea of spotify, I think it's great and I'm happy to pay for a full service but that's not what I'm receiving right now. It seems spotify are very good at the moment at announcing exciting new features, not so good at actually implementing them.

This feature isn't a live feature and they aren't rolling it out to everyone to mitigate any issues. Their feature rollout is gradual to allow for feedback as more people get it. From what I understand it is random and should never be taken personally that you didn't get x feature or someone got y feature. Spotify wants everyone to have it eventually.

I'm with you, I really want this feature as well, but patience will ensure it is much better when it gets rolled out. Facebook does the same thing and so does Gmail. You kind of have to when you have a large set of users.

Don't feel bad the fool at cutomer service told me a I had too many playlists and should use the collection tab....now that I read this thread I know what it is...I don't have it and love that customer support would recommend it.

Brilliant.

Hey, there seems to be an issue with collection disappearing today. I'm waiting for staff input.

My collections just disapeard too! Im a premium user. Whats going on?

The staff are looking into it, seems to be a pretty widespread issue.

Peter

Suggested posts