Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community][Connect] Multiple people can queue songs by connecting to one device

[Community][Connect] Multiple people can queue songs by connecting to one device

There is many times when I am with friends or at a party and want to play some songs or vice versa and they want to play songs on my phone. Although, I have to constantly take the other persons phone just to queue a songs and sometimes I just do not want people having my phone. An idea would be individuals have the ability to create a queue playlist and the individual who created it can title it whatever they would like ex. "2022 Party". There would be a connect button at the top or sharable link which would allow others who have the code or link to connect to this queue playlist. This would then allow the individuals who connect to be able to add songs from their own phone and this would allow multiple people to connect to one singular playlist. The individual who created the queue playlist can choose to end the sharing. This would work great for parties, roads trips, night out with friends, and so much more. 

3 Replies

Hey @114377

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

The feature you're describing is already available and it's called Group Session. You can check this article for more info. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Eni- 

I've had this feature ever since they began beta testing, and I LOVE it! I've introduced group sessions to dozens of people and gotten them hooked on using it. However, when I opened up the app this morning, the feature shifted to only "start a remote group session." Although I love that aspect of the feature as well, I'm wondering if there's any info on whether the local/"join on same device" group session feature is gone indefinitely.

I understand the nature of beta testing is that things shift around, so maybe there's no answer right now. But I wanted to pass on that this feature is still VERY wanted and needed. It's definitely one of Spotify's strengths and part of what makes it unique.

Hi @makenna-,

Thank you for your reply!

Certainly, the Group Session feature has had some modifications recently and it's no longer possible to join sessions using a QR code. The reason is because now it's possible to create remote group sessions through a link.

However, you should still be able to use the same functions by sharing the link. This change was made only to the way the sessions can be started.

Lastly, keep in mind that as a Beta tester you can share your feedback through TestFlight. It'll make sure it reaches the correct teams at Spotify 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts