Premium Duo

Country

South Africa

Device

iPhone SE Mk1

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Previously, Spotify would play continuously (after I've selected a song) without me having to manually select the next song. However, recently, this no longer happens. If I search for a specific song and select that song to play, without playing it from a playlist, radio or an album, Spotify only plays that specific song.

How do I get Spotify to autoplay or play a suggested song? 

I have tried to switch the autoplay feature off and then back on, but that doesn't work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @carlito143

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

The Autoplay feature is exactly the setting you need to use to make Spotify play similar songs automatically. If it doesn't work as expected, first thing you can try is closing the Spotify app and reopening it and logging out and back in to your Spotify account.

If the issue persists, try a clean reinstall of the app. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @carlito143

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

The Autoplay feature is exactly the setting you need to use to make Spotify play similar songs automatically. If it doesn't work as expected, first thing you can try is closing the Spotify app and reopening it and logging out and back in to your Spotify account.

If the issue persists, try a clean reinstall of the app. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Thank you Ivan. The complete re-install worked.

Hey @carlito143

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music!

Mine only sometimes works. iPad iOS,latest. Super frustrating. 

Hey @elevatorboy,

Thanks for your reply on this thread 🙂

In this case, just to confirm, did you try reinstalling the app? You can give it a try if you haven't yet to see if you notice any difference. You can follow these steps for a clean reinstall of the app:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPad Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

If this doesn't do the trick, can you check if this is happening on another account on your iPad? You can create a free test account and check.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, Mine starts working after turning the autoplay off and on again.

Suggested posts