Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controlling volume over spotify connect

Controlling volume over spotify connect

Hi, 

I noramlly connect my Ipad to my hometheater system and control it via my iphone or Macbook pro, I thought the volume control wasnt available so I looked and found that it exsists. Anyhow, I went ahead ant tried it, and from what ive tried, it seems I can only control the volume of other devices from my Ipad only, meaning If I tried to change the Ipad volume from my iphone or macbook, I wont be able to. Is there a way to be able to control spotify's volume on my ipad through iphone or macbook pro? 

32 Replies

Hi! 

Welcome to the Spotify community!

Volume control is possible when using the Spotify Connect feature, but it only works with the 'in-app' controls. That means you have to use the volume slider in a connected Spotify app.

The system-wide volume up and down buttons that work when you are working directly from your Macbook or iPhone will not work.

What's a Spotify Rock Star?

Thanks for replying! 

Yes, I understnad that, but when trying to change the volume from the app it self, the volume bar is grayed out and cannot be used. I'll attach photos for you to see. 

Screen of macbook pro

view from macbook pro screen.

another view showing devices connected

another view

Now here's how it looks from the iphone, the sound bar doesn't exist: 

image1.PNG

all devices connected, still no sound bar : 

image2.PNG

But from the ipad, it is clear and can change volume from inner app volume bar with no probs! 

AAAAAAAAAnd silence.

booooo, fix it!

Yeah! Fix It!

PLEASE fix it. Same problem here. iPhone 6s playing music through headphones, macbook pro controlling it with Spotify app, can't adjust volume from mac.

I just want the Spotify app in iPhone to allow control volume so I can sleep to low music. From what I'm reading that's not possible.

Fix it please 😄

Same Problem. With iPhone to Windows Desktop App ist works. With iPhone to iPad it doesn't 😞

Still no solution for this problem? ... You'd expect a company like Spotify to fix this kind of things quickly ... quite sad ...

so...no comment on fixing this? Cheers guys 

..this is getting pretty pathetic. So the help center is for only for asking questions that have PR-answers, while actual problems get ignored.

DAMNIT MAN...WTH!!

I have this prob too

Same here, and no answering is no solution - will change to googlemusic if that is not at minimum ANSWERED!!!!

When is this going to get fixed? Blazing full volume out of my iphone is not fun. Looking for other solutions outside of Spotify.

FIX IT! 😞

Spotify guys, any new on this issue?

Another user here that would like to control the volume on my iPad from my iPhone, please add this feature!

It's pretty pathetic that such a basic feature as "changing volume across registered devices," for a music app, isn't fixed - especially when so many users have struggled with it. Clearly Spotify isn't interested in addressing this issue, and I'm starting to wonder why I'm interested in continuing to pay for a broken service.

Suggested posts