Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copy a playlist

Copy a playlist

I saw somewhere in the Community postings some directions on how to copy a playlist. I have searched multiple times, and now I can't find it. I don't remember the steps, and can't figure out any way to do it.

Say your friend has a public playlist, and you would like to use it as a base, add some more of your own selections, delete a few items, etc, and then make it your own playlist. Or you find a playlist published by Spotify, and you want to add to it and save it. Or you want to save some published list so you won't be impacted by any future changes, or by someone making the list back to private status. Or, you want to copy one of your own playlists, and work on editing it significantly, and still have the original list just in case.

There is no menu command for copying an entire playlist (at least that I can find). But there is apparently some way to do this. I think it involved using a keyboard shortcut e.g., CTRL c, or something). I don't know why I can't find the post that explained it.

I use a desktop PC version, plus iPad, and iPhone. I have tried looking for ways to do this on all three. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone is better at searching this forum, and can locate the place that already laid out the steps. (I've tried searching everything I can think of.). Thanks!
10 Replies

I just found it. Don't know why I couldn't find it before. I haven't yet tried this, but it worked for the orig poster ( @AdeleMitch ), and was accepted as a solution ( as provided by @CrazyCuckoo ). Here are the steps that were shown:

Re: Save a playlist
Options
3 weeks ago
I think the easiest thing to do this is from the spotify client on a computer.
1. Create a new playlist. and name it
2. Go to the playlist you want to make a copy of
3. Select all songs (CTRL+A)
4. Drag them to your newly created playlist

Thanks for the Kudo. But it really belongs to CrazyCuckoo , who came up with the solution. I gave him/her a Kudo.

I am having to select and add tracks one at time.  CTRL A does nothing for me.

Found a way to copy a playlist. Go to the bottom of your playlist then double click so the song turns green (Playing). Click Alt and shift together so it highlights the whole playlist. Then right click and then an option will come to add the selected songs to a playlist. Hope this helped!

The CTRL-A works still, but you first need to select (Click) one song in the list so it becomes grey and then keep your mouse hoovering over the list. Then ctrl-A works. Then you can do Right-click and "Add to Playlist > New Playlist".

This still just adds the one song..

This only works when you have teh app for windows/mac...

@ThatGuyTyping

if your on mac do command + A

But what about on chromebooks?

*For Mac Users*
1) Click the playlist you'd like to copy
2) Click a song in that playlist and do a "Command" + "A" to copy all the songs
3) Click the new playlist / where you want the songs on the old playlist to paste to

4) Do a "Command" + "V" to paste all the songs

Suggested posts