Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crackling / static when playing over bluetooth

Crackling / static when playing over bluetooth

Hi, 

I've been listening to Spotify over bluetooth with some brand new Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless headphones. On a few different songs, particularly ones without thumpy bass, I'm getting static / crackles on long sustained midtone bass notes. (An example of such a song is Petit Biscuit - You). 

I've been able to isolate the problem to Spotify, I think, by doing the following. 

1. If I plug in the same headphones to my iPhone, the crackling stops. 

2. If I pull up the same song in YouTube, and play over bluetooth, the crackling stops. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

I'm on an iPhone 6S+ and a premium subscriber. 

3 Replies

Definitely noticed this as well. In running down my diagnosis, I played the same exact song/same album using Apple Music. Both times using the same Bluetooth earbuds/headphones. The static was non-existent when played with Apple Music. I also used a completely different brand of headphone to run a second test. Same result. I used wired headphones and the static disappeared from both music players. I also noticed a significant decrease. In Spotify static when the equalizer was turned off. 

Same issue. Makes iPhone 7 incompatible with Spotify.... please fix asap!!

Same issue on iPhone 6.  Crackling can be heard only on bluetooth heaphones  (bose qc35) with equalizer on.  Turning equalizer off or switching on wire fixes the issue.  Not impressed 😞

Suggested posts