Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

GryFy
Casual Listener

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Skippy79
Regular

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Solution!

GryFy
Casual Listener
It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Solution!

J03LB4U
Regular
Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Solution!

cyberfatty
Casual Listener

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Solution!

fishon77
Casual Listener

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

107 Replies

musikilgi
Casual Listener

The 1.8 version on iOS 8.0.2 does not work for me, too. Spotify crashes on startup.  (iphone 5s)

edd60623
Casual Listener

Im In the same page, I think there is a bug in the latest update 1.8.0.2444. I try to navigate to "Sent to" my Spotify App to send some music to frieends and it simply crashes. Hope they get this resolved..

GryFy
Casual Listener

I tried to open it in flightmode, but it still crashes. It doesn't even open on my phone, so I can't change the settings via the app. But I have removed all of the "available offline" playlists via my computer.

SUGGESTED POSTS