Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Car Mode

Hi! Recently, I was notified when I opened the app that car mode was available. I was pretty excited to try it but when I got into my car next, it wasn't available. Just wondering, did you guys take it off or is there a way to active it. I'm running ...

• Hi! Recently, I was notified when I opened the app that car mode was available. I was pretty excited to try it but when I got into my car next, it wasn't available. Just wondering, did you guys take ...
  • lotsoft
  • 10 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 18 likes

Song keeps changing mid-music

I am trying to listen to music on my Phone (iPhone 7) but for some reason my music keeps randomly switching to other music, in other playlists. The switches occur at not specific time, but always while another song is playing. It’s very annoying and ...

• I am trying to listen to music on my Phone (iPhone 7) but for some reason my music keeps randomly switching to other music, in other playlists. The switches occur at not specific time, but always whi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

Hello everyone, I have an Iphone 7 and a premuim account in Spotify. I don’t know if Spotify reactivated their lyrics feature or not, but I’m the only one between my friends who does not have lyrics on his phone. I tried the same song with people who...

• Hello everyone,  I have an Iphone 7 and a premuim account in Spotify. I don’t know if Spotify reactivated their lyrics feature or not, but I’m the only one between my friends who does not have ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Show albums under "artists" tab?

Hi just wondering if there is a way to set it up on iOS where I can see songs under each album they are on when clicking an artist under the "artist" tab in library. Now it's just a list of all songs, not broken up by album which is annoying. In orde...

• Visitor
  • Hi just wondering if there is a way to set it up on iOS where I can see songs under each album they are on when clicking an artist under the "artist" tab in library. Now it's just a list of all songs...
  • heymattiol
  • 2 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 18 likes

Offline Mode

When going from online mode to Offline, I used to have 30 days until I have to go Online, and now it only says I have 7 days. The next day I went back onto online mode and then switched to Offline and it now says I have 6 days.

• When going from online mode to Offline, I used to have 30 days until I have to go Online, and now it only says I have 7 days. The next day I went back onto online mode and then switched to Offline an...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My music quality is fuzzy until I open my camera app?

For some reason, when I’m on other apps or just in Spotify the quality of the music isn’t as good. And then I randomly opened my camera app to take a picture and all of the sudden the music started sounding a lot better- and NORMAL. I’m really confus...

• For some reason, when I’m on other apps or just in Spotify the quality of the music isn’t as good. And then I randomly opened my camera app to take a picture and all of the sudden the music started s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Perennemente offline... anche in 4G

Da ieri non riesco più ad acoltare musica con Spotify, è in perenne ricerca di connessione! Con WiFi funziona, sugli altri dispositivi funziona ma sull'Iphone (in 4G) non prende... dice di connettersi ad internet.Ho già seguito tutte le FAQ per le va...

• Casual Listener
  • Da ieri non riesco più ad acoltare musica con Spotify, è in perenne ricerca di connessione! Con WiFi funziona, sugli altri dispositivi funziona ma sull'Iphone (in 4G) non prende... dice di connetters...
  • Flowerstone5
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music storage

If my friend borrow my phone, log in his account and download his songs, then I log out his account and log in mine, will my friend's song stay in my phone? How can I delete those songs to free up storage space?

• If my friend borrow my phone, log in his account and download his songs, then I log out his account and log in mine, will my friend's song stay in my phone? How can I delete those songs to free up st...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio on IOS

Why there is no Radio on the IOS app but there is on the MacOS desktop app?I have a premium account.

• Why there is no Radio on the IOS app but there is on the MacOS desktop app? I have a premium account.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

JVC radio

Just got a JVC radio for my truck and Spotify won’t let me pick any song I want it just shows the Spotify emblem. I can shuffle from the radio but can’t use app on my phone while it playing on the radio

• Casual Listener
  • Just got a JVC radio for my truck and Spotify won’t let me pick any song I want it just shows the Spotify emblem. I can shuffle from the radio but can’t use app on my phone while it playing on the ra...
  • Marigarrett99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

This summer I tried Spotify running and was able to select an option that picked tracks that matched my BPM based on my Library. It was great. I was going to get back into Spotify Running today and can't find that option. Has it been eliminated (oooo...

• Roadie
  • This summer I tried Spotify running and was able to select an option that picked tracks that matched my BPM based on my Library. It was great.   I was going to get back into Spotify Running to...
  • JJRunner
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app keeps freezing on IOS 11

So frustrated. The app keeps freezing on my iphone, IOS 11. Have reinstalled a number of times but still happening. Only solution so far is to close the app and reopen at leat 3 times before it unfreezes. Anybody else having this issue? Any solutions...

• So frustrated. The app keeps freezing on my iphone, IOS 11.  Have reinstalled a number of times but still happening.  Only solution so far is to close the app and reopen at leat 3 times bef...
  • Didymosqwery
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Carplay : spotify volume very low!?

Hi Community! I've been using Spotify Premium for years now. I used to listen to it in my cars through bluetooth. Since I now have a new Volkswagen with Carplay, i stopped using BT. I'm not entirely satisfied with the Spotify Carplay app: sound volum...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Community!   I've been using Spotify Premium for years now.   I used to listen to it in my cars through bluetooth.   Since I now have a new Volkswagen with Carplay, i stopped ...
  • RaHzElChO
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify premium and offline music

If i dont renewal my premium Sub the offline music will be available next time i become premium again?

• If i dont renewal my premium Sub the offline music will be available next time i become premium again?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Album Art Not Appearing

Recently moved some albums from my local files to my spotify account. However, after adding the album art, I noticed that it did not appear on my Iphone 6. Instead, I see a gray music note. Any solutions to this?

SpotifyProblem1.jpg SpotifyProblem2.jpg
  • Recently moved some albums from my local files to my spotify account. However, after adding the album art, I noticed that it did not appear on my Iphone 6. Instead, I see a gray music note. Any solut...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

itunes music / playlists on iPhone

Hi, I've got premium now, and I imported my itunes playlists onto the mac app no problem, but when I log in on my phone, the music in my playlists (imported from itunes) doesn't show up. It just shows up as a bunch of empty playlists. It works fine o...

• Hi,   I've got premium now, and I imported my itunes playlists onto the mac app no problem, but when I log in on my phone, the music in my playlists (imported from itunes) doesn't show up. It ...
  • Jd02
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! "Repeat One" functionality question

Good day: I've tried to search for this on the board, but I couldn't find it. If this has been asked before, please forgive me. I am curious about the "Repeat One" functionality for the Spotify iOS app, compared to the desktop versions. Let's say I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Good day:   I've tried to search for this on the board, but I couldn't find it. If this has been asked before, please forgive me. I am curious about the "Repeat One" functionality for t...
  • DillPickleChipz
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Can't download the music for offline use

Hi all, I'm using the premium service but everytime I save the music to 'my songs' list.. It won't download! Which means I can't listen to that particular song offline. Any idea why?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I'm using the premium service but everytime I save the music to 'my songs' list.. It won't download! Which means I can't listen to that particular song offline. Any idea why?
  • Candyrush62
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Device won't show up in Devices

I've been using Spotify since the Fall of 2012 and have loved it. I used to use the app on my iPhone 4 and everything worked great.... until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 isn't showing up in the Devices section on my Desktop app and...

• Visitor
  • I've been using Spotify since the Fall of 2012 and have loved it. I used to use the app on my iPhone 4 and everything worked great.... until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 isn't show...
  • pejot
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing buttons on album view

The back button and ellipse buttons that usually appear in the upper left and right corners of album view mysteriously disappear. They seem to reappear when I close and re-open the app, only to disappear again after one viewing. I’m on iOS 11.2.6 for...

• The back button and ellipse buttons that usually appear in the upper left and right corners of album view mysteriously disappear. They seem to reappear when I close and re-open the app, only to disap...
  • ab-995
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes