Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix is Always on Shuffle! (Help)

Solved!

Daily Mix is Always on Shuffle! (Help)

I connected spotify to my xbox and ever since then it has been shuffling the daily mixes, I don’t really understand how to turn it off, because there is no shuffle button on the now playing thing.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone SE)

Operating System

iOS 13

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nutcracker1011,

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Start off by disconnecting Spotify from your Xbox. Then make sure you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If you still can't disable the Shuffle Play option for your Daily Mixes after the clean reinstall, send us a screenshot of the Now Playing view so that we can take a closer look at the issue. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nutcracker1011,

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Start off by disconnecting Spotify from your Xbox. Then make sure you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If you still can't disable the Shuffle Play option for your Daily Mixes after the clean reinstall, send us a screenshot of the Now Playing view so that we can take a closer look at the issue. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Okay, I will try that as soon as I get home, thank you!

Edit: It worked! Thank you so much!

@Ivan, It’s happened again!

So starting today, I noticed that it was shuffling daily mixed again, so I deleted spotify on my xbox, hard reinstalled on my phone, all that good stuff. But even after I did that, after a few hours, it started again! I don’t really know what to do now, as I’ve reinstalled it about 3 times now, and it’s not that big of a deal, but I’m just confused.

Hey there @nutcracker1011,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you provide us a screenshot of the Now Playing view so that we can see what's going on directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Is this the correct image?

BB47AB55-9C41-49E8-B24D-52D3B9C4D390.jpg

Hey again @nutcracker1011,

Thank you for your reply and screenshot.

When you play a song, click the now playing bar that's at the bottom of the screen and take a screenshot 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

So it fixed itself, for now. If I do ever notice it again do you want me to send you the correct picture?

Hey again @nutcracker1011,

Thank you for your post.

We're really happy to hear that everything works as expected for you again.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers! 

JeremyModerator

Okay, I believe I got the right picture this time.

C2987C17-50AF-4C8D-A7C7-56D1A22B42DF.jpg

Hi @nutcracker1011,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the screenshot.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

We'd also like to know if this only happens while you're playing through a Bluetooth device like your AirPods, directly from the phone's speaker, or both, and if the same happens on any other mobile device.

Lastly, we'd like to know the Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hello Carlos,

I have experienced this issue when I am listening through headphones, airpods, and a speaker. A few moments after I took that screenshot, it became normal again. It changes back and forth at random times.

I am running version 8.6.4.1247

Hi @nutcracker1011,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you confirm if this only happens when playing through a connected device? Also, let us know if this happens on any other mobile device.

Also, have you noticed if that changes back to normal after a specific action, like connecting/disconnecting a Bluetooth device, while the app is playing in the background, when you restart it, or anything like that?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I will try to use spotify on a different device to see if it does this too. It fixed itself last time after I went on safari and changed back to spotify.

Hey @nutcracker1011,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Take your time to try it out on a different device. In the meantime, we're glad to know that it gets fixed at least temporarily.

If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I haven’t been able to reconstruct this on a different device, but usually hard reinstalling works, and it isn’t right now. Is there anything I can try that might fix it?

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you do the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I have enough storage, and my device is on the latest software. Next time it happens I will soft reset the device, but the thing is, it chooses when it’s gonna be on shuffle... I could be listening to music and close out the app, just to come back to it being on shuffle, I’m still a little confused by the randomness of this.

Thanks,

Nutcracker1011

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try the following test - open a playlist and start playing with the Shuffle button activated. Close the app completely. After that, reopen the app and check whether the Daily Mix will start in Shuffle mode. 

Sometimes playlists will start in Shuffle automatically if that was the last playback option you've chosen before closing the app.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried that, it showed that it wasn’t shuffle before i clicked on it, but after I clicked on the playlist, it showed it was shuffled. (See pictures for better explanation)

45A6C078-3FF2-4E73-B938-344B950D1D77.jpg
FD9C5717-5F07-4C3A-8B53-7CD143C421AC.jpg

Suggested posts