I've been using Spotify since the Fall of 2012 and have loved it. I used to use the app on my iPhone 4 and everything worked great.... until I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 isn't showing up in the Devices section on my Desktop app and therefore my local files won't sync to my iPhone 5. This is really frustrating. My desktop and iPhone 5 are on the same wireless network. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't work. I don't know what to do.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hiya, I had the same problem!
1. Go on your windows/mac desktop version of Spotify. In the top right hand corner you'll see account. (You obviously have to be logged in)
2. Go onto account and it should re-connect you to a internet tab with all your subscription choices etc.
3. Scroll down under the header "Account Settings" until you find "Offline Devices"
4. Clear all of the currnet devices.
5. Re-open your spotify desktop app, and then make sure you click all your playlists to be 'offline' again.
6. Once this has been done, make sure your iPhone and Laptop/PC are connected to the same wifi.
7. On your iPhone Spotify App mark the playlists as offline also.
Once this has been done, mine came back as a device.
Hope this works for you 🙂