Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Bluetooth to make USB work

Solved!

Disable Bluetooth to make USB work

Two issues, one solution:
1) When using the USB cable from my X1 to my iPhone, playback would stop after a few minutes. This is fixed by DISABLING AUDIO VIA BLUETOOTH. Apparently the blue tooth would try to connect to the phone (even while plugged in via USB), and mess it up.
2) This worked for a long time, and just a few days ago this started happening: when playing in Spotify, a large BMW logo appears below a large sporty logo and no more controls. Seems like BMW is wanting to take over control. Playback still works, but I cannot control anything. Ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the community!

1) This happens because your iPhone can only output audio from a single exit at a time. Bluetooth, headphone jack, USB... only one can be active. When your X1 linked your device via bluetooth, your iPhone understood it should output audio using it, that's why the transmission via USB stopped.

2) Spotify now supports BMW ConnectedDrive. If you open the app and connect your phone to the car, the logo appears and the app integrates with your X1. You should be able to control it directly from iDrive.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the community!

1) This happens because your iPhone can only output audio from a single exit at a time. Bluetooth, headphone jack, USB... only one can be active. When your X1 linked your device via bluetooth, your iPhone understood it should output audio using it, that's why the transmission via USB stopped.

2) Spotify now supports BMW ConnectedDrive. If you open the app and connect your phone to the car, the logo appears and the app integrates with your X1. You should be able to control it directly from iDrive.

Suggested posts