Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike button for weekly mix disappears after quitting the app abruptly

Dislike button for weekly mix disappears after quitting the app abruptly

My Question or Issue
The like/dislike button for the weekly mixes (Discover Weekly and Your Release Radar) disappears after quitting the app while it’s playing a song. When I reinstall Spotify, it comes back. It’s weird and I don’t know how to fix it so I don’t have to use more data.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Running on the latest version of iOS (iOS 13.5)

5 Replies

Hey there @Dango360

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm - does the simple reinstall of the app solve the issue only temporarily for you? If yes, we'd suggest you also run a clean reinstall of Spotify on your iPhone. Compared to the regular one, the clean reinstall is way more thorough and lets you start completely afresh with a new app version on your device. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

In case this persists, would you mind sending us a video recording showing the behavior you describe? Just attach the video to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue and help further.

Tip: Make sure the recording doesn’t include any sensitive info such as payment or personal data. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

I tried the clean reinstall and the problem still occurred.

I also sent a video recording to show you what's happening. It's been zipped because apparently ".mp4 is not supported." and the "Valid file types are MP4, jpg, gif, pdf, png, and zip."

Notice the block icons disappearing on the playlist and the player controls changing after closing the app.

Hello,
It’s been about two weeks and I’m wondering if you have received my recording. If there’s any problem please respond.

"We'll look out for your reply."

Oh really?

It's been over two months. It is really annoying to be ignored for more than two weeks, but over TWO MONTHS? Really? I would like to understand what I have done wrong. I sent you the recording you needed, and then afterwards? Just radio silence. Did you get my recording or not?
With over 100 views on this problem, don't you think it would have more responses?
I'm disappointed with what has happened. I feel like I have been let down by the community and the people who code Spotify.
Hopefully, this won't ruin my experience with Spotify as a whole. I don't feel angry.
Only disappointment.

Hey there @Dango360

Thank you for your reply and for the screen recording. Apologize for the delay of the reply. We'd be happy to help you further with this.

In this case it would be great if you could log in with another account on the device this occurs on to see if the same thing happen - you can try with a family member or a friends account if it's possible.

Could you also let us know if this issue persist if you use another internet connection - also if it's happening on more devices than one?

Keep us posted. We're here to help.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts