Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does the new "save music" feature take up space on iPhone?

Solved!

Does the new "save music" feature take up space on iPhone?

When I use Spotify's new "Save" music feature (which has replaced the "Starred" option), where is the music being saved to?  I already don't like the "Save" feature for many reasons, but if it's saving music by taking space on my phone then I'll like it even less. Does anyone know the answer to this?  Is the new "Save" feature saving music to my phone and taking up space?  If so, what's the difference between having the "Save" music option and the "Available Offline" option?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Save just adds the content to Your Music, much in the same way of adding to a playlist. It won't take up space unless you have Your Music marked as available offline.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Save just adds the content to Your Music, much in the same way of adding to a playlist. It won't take up space unless you have Your Music marked as available offline.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for explaining that.  I still don't understand why Spotify had to change "Starred" to "Saved" though, 'cause all of the songs that I starred previously were saved to a "Starred" playlist anyway.  Not a fan of the new changes, but I appreciate you answering my question. 

So, what's the advatage on that?

I had Spotify before (few months ago), & think I find the solution, I downloaded the music on my laptop & sync with my iPhone then, so the used memory was the laptop one instead the iPhone. But I can't do this anymore...why's that?

I think it's perfect to use it that way. Nobody hurts, everyone wins!

Could U get this feature back?

Suggested posts