Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Lockscreen notification 3D touch press missing text

When pressing on notification with 3D touch, there is no message shown, only translation key sPushNotificationSaveToCollectionSee the attached screenshot.I have iphone 6S with iOS 10.0.1 and newest Spotify app.

• Casual Listener
  • When pressing on notification with 3D touch, there is no message shown, only translation key sPushNotificationSaveToCollection See the attached screenshot. I have iphone 6S with iOS 10.0.1 and newe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

(iOS) Support 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s

3D Touch has started shutting down my app when I attempt to preview albums/songs.

• Casual Listener
  • 3D Touch has started shutting down my app when I attempt to preview albums/songs.
  • Hoolien
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files Offline not working

Hey, so I just got a replacement for my iPhone 6s+ today (vibration function died on me) and I'm trying to set up all my playlist and things again, but none of my Local Files are transferring back onto my phone. I have had numerous issues with this i...

• Hey, so I just got a replacement for my iPhone 6s+ today (vibration function died on me) and I'm trying to set up all my playlist and things again, but none of my Local Files are transferring back on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 6s+
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Select only a given set of songs to sync offline within a playlist, and not the entier playlist

Hi, Is there any way of selecting only some songs to sync offline within a playlist, and not have to sync the ENTIRE playlist? I am having storage issues on my iPhone and have a massive Spotify Playlist that is set for sync offline. Whenever I free u...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,  Is there any way of selecting only some songs to sync offline within a playlist, and not have to sync the ENTIRE playlist?  I am having storage issues on my iPhone and have a massive...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Syncing Offline

Hello, I have a question if I download my playlists music to listen to offline, will it still update the playlists with new songs are added or old songs deleted? I always like fresh music so wanted to know if I download these playlists, the playlists...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a question if I download my playlists music to listen to offline, will it still update the playlists with new songs are added or old songs deleted? I always like fresh music so wanted t...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Downloaded Songs Won't Sync to IPhone 5S

I can't seem to be able to sync my playlist of local files to my IPhone. I'm a Premium subscriber, and I'm using the same wifi for both devices, yet the songs still don't seem to be playable on my IPhone. I'm able to listen to non-local tracks and co...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to be able to sync my playlist of local files to my IPhone. I'm a Premium subscriber, and I'm using the same wifi for both devices, yet the songs still don't seem to be playable on my IP...
  • gozmonster
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Won't Sync to Spotify Mobile?

I've tried everything, from going offline to trying to manually sync the songs I want off of my computer, but nothing works. The songs appear on my computer and play fine, and they appear on my phone, but they're faded and say that they can't play of...

• I've tried everything, from going offline to trying to manually sync the songs I want off of my computer, but nothing works. The songs appear on my computer and play fine, and they appear on my phone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Sync 2 Touch - Iphone -Apple Music removed

Ford Sync 2 Touch does not regonize IPhone Spotify Music trough cable if Apple Music is removed. Error Message: There are no playable media files on IPhone xxx" By reinstalling Apple Music and addindg at least on music file, the cable feature is avai...

• Casual Listener
  • Ford Sync 2 Touch does not regonize IPhone Spotify Music trough cable if Apple Music is removed. Error Message: There are no playable media files on IPhone xxx"   By reinstalling Apple Music a...
  • Calle-Golf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not downloading onto Spotify mobile

I've already searched this topic, and I followed the instructions to add the file to a playlist on my desktop Spotify and then toggle the playlist to offline. All the other songs on the playlist were downloaded onto my phone, except the local file. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I've already searched this topic, and I followed the instructions to add the file to a playlist on my desktop Spotify and then toggle the playlist to offline. All the other songs on the playlist were...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium - Crackling, Stuttering, Connectivity, Phantom app issues!

I am experiencing stuttering issues using multilple bluetooth devices even on plugged in headphones on occasion. I triend clean reinstallations numerous times and it temporary resolves the probelm of stuttering. I also find if you shut down the app a...

• Casual Listener
  • I am experiencing stuttering issues using multilple bluetooth devices even on plugged in headphones on occasion. I triend clean reinstallations numerous times and it temporary resolves the probelm of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App and Bluetooth

Spotify has played perfectly in my 2 trucks for several years. Today, it does this new thing where it stops playing after 20 seconds. I've changed nothing. Why is this happening? I'm using an iPhone 6s with a completely fresh install. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has played perfectly in my 2 trucks for several years.  Today, it does this new thing where it stops playing after 20 seconds.  I've changed nothing.   Why is this happening?...
  • ktpaes94
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with play lists

Premium user and has always been fine on my iPhone, but recently my starred songs won't stop shuffling, despite the fact shuffle is turned off. Then when I play another playlist after the song I've selected has finished it goes straight back to starr...

• Premium user and has always been fine on my iPhone, but recently my starred songs won't stop shuffling, despite the fact shuffle is turned off. Then when I play another playlist after the song I've s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect doesn't work with family accounts?

I've just moved from premium to family account, and suddenly I cannot use Spotify with my Heos system. I have restarted everything, etc.Anyone experiencing the same issue?

• I've just moved from premium to family account, and suddenly I cannot use Spotify with my Heos system. I have restarted everything, etc. Anyone experiencing the same issue?
  • rurudotorg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

ios 10 Spotify wont change the 2nd tab from the pull up bar

so previus ios, spotify was able to be controled from the pull up tab on my iphone. now with ios 10 with the new 2nd tab (the music tab for itunes) of the pull up tab, it dosnt connect. could there be an update that switches that/ make it an option t...

• so previus ios, spotify was able to be controled from the pull up tab on my iphone. now with ios 10 with the new 2nd tab (the music tab for itunes) of the pull up tab, it dosnt connect. could there b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPad is set to Extreme Quality but external DAC shows 44K sample rate.

I have the iPad 3, Spotify Premium set to Extreme Quality, and an external DAC (the Emotiva Little Ego). MacBook works great, iPad does not. With my MacBook, I can go into Audio MIDI Setup and adjust the output quality to 96000.0 Hz; the external DAC...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the iPad 3, Spotify Premium set to Extreme Quality, and an external DAC (the Emotiva Little Ego). MacBook works great, iPad does not. With my MacBook, I can go into Audio MIDI Setup and adjust...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Song Not Downloaded" for local files on desktop

I am having trouble downloading local files onto my iphone from my Mac desktop. Here's the odd thing. I have a folder on my desktop for local files that I want to add to spotify on my iphone (all mp3 files) and created a playlist in spotify to sync t...

• I am having trouble downloading local files onto my iphone from my Mac desktop. Here's the odd thing. I have a folder on my desktop for local files that I want to add to spotify on my iphone (all mp3...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes