Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

I recently updated to Premium and the Premium is activated on my account. I'm able to download songs on my friends Android on my account. But my download button does not appear on the Spotify app on my iPhone SE. I made enough space (I have 2 GB) and tried reinstalling the app. However the download option simply does not appear. Please help!

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.2 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi,

Thank you for your message. 

I noticed that if I sign in to someone else's Spotify Premium account on my iPhone, the Spotify Premium works and the download button appears, so it doesn't seem to be my phone's problem.

When I log in to my own account on someone else's phone, my Spotify Premium works, so it's not my account's problem as my account does appear as Premium on other devices except for mine.

However, when I am on my own Spotify account on my own phone, it does not even recognize that I have Spotify Premium because it gives me the option to upgrade to Premium.

Therefore, the problem seems to be a combination of my Spotify premium on my phone. Is there any solution to this? 

I tried re installing Spotify and restarting my phone but it didn't work. The Spotify version is 8.4.88 and the operating system of the iPhone is 11.4.1

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey @vquesnel1,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I'd recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps.

Also, if there's nothing holding you back to update, the latest version for iOS is iOS 12.1.2

Let me know how that goes.

Suggested posts