Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs can't be played without WiFi

Solved!

Downloaded songs can't be played without WiFi

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify community,

I downloaded many playlists and albums  for offline usage. Somehow, since today, I cannot play downloaded content as soon as I don't have a WiFi connection.

I still see the green "downloaded" icon besides the titles.

When I click the song while I am connected to a WiFi, all is working well.

When I click the song while I am only connected via mobile data or airplane mode, nothing is happening. (besides the small info bar on the bottom which says that Spotify is offline)

I used the offline functionality for some years already (during commuting, in planes etc. all without mobile connection)

Does somebody have an idea why this doesn't work anymore and how to fix it?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the feedback!

I deleted Spotify from my iPhone, installed it again and downloaded the albums and playlists again. Not it's working fine.

I could imagine that the root cause was my installation of Apple Music (as I wasn't happy with the new Spotify update and it's usability in Apple Car Play).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @ochrasy, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices options from your Spotify's account page?

Keep me posted 🙂

Marked as solution

Thanks for the feedback!

I deleted Spotify from my iPhone, installed it again and downloaded the albums and playlists again. Not it's working fine.

I could imagine that the root cause was my installation of Apple Music (as I wasn't happy with the new Spotify update and it's usability in Apple Car Play).

Suggested posts