Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Can't individually save songs in saved albums anymore?

Why did they remove this feature?Now if I have an album I love but a song in the album i hate/don't want to listen to, spotify goes "LOL LISTEN TO IT, **bleep**" Or if I want to browse my music without reading through a giant /list/ of all my songs, ...

• Regular
  • Why did they remove this feature? Now if I have an album I love but a song in the album i hate/don't want to listen to, spotify goes "LOL LISTEN TO IT, **bleep**"   Or if I want to browse my ...
  • Maxwell_Edison
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

The new App layout on IOS devices

Does anyone not like the new layout for the app on the iPhone?! I absolutely hate it. I am going to be honest sometimes I need to change a song really quick when doing other things and I really liked Spotify because it was way simpler than Apple Musi...

• Does anyone not like the new layout for the app on the iPhone?!  I absolutely hate it.  I am going to be honest sometimes I need to change a song really quick when doing other things and ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music plays when app is not open

Firstly Spotify was skipping to the next song everytime when I moved even a little my phone (what made listening to music on the go impossible) or when I locked the screen. When I tried to kill the app session, Spotify starts playing random music on ...

• Firstly Spotify was skipping to the next song everytime when I moved even a little my phone (what made listening to music on the go impossible) or when I locked the screen. When I tried to kill the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked songs play list filter bug

PlanPremium (not for long)CountryUkDeviceiPhone xOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue So, if you click on the liked songs playlist and filter it (let's say there are 3 songs it's filtered too) it will play these songs and then switch to radio....

• Plan Premium (not for long) Country Uk Device iPhone x Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue   So, if you click on the liked songs playlist and filter it (let's say ther...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to install Spotify from App Store (install button is grey)

PlanPremium (Family)Country Belgium DeviceIphone SEOperating Systemios 12.3.1 My Question or IssueMy son has never been able to install spotify on his older iphone or on his new.When I first made his account on itunes I mistiped the birthdate, but ha...

• Plan Premium (Family) Country Belgium   Device Iphone SE Operating System ios 12.3.1   My Question or Issue My son has never been able to install spotify on his older iphone or on...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist although i already have 15+songs

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify stations in DK

Hi Do anyone know when Spotify stations will be avalible in IOS app store in DK? Br Erik

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Do anyone know when Spotify stations will be avalible in IOS app store in DK?   Br Erik
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

All Downloaded Songs 'Undownload'

Earlier this morning, I was listening to music and I went out of range of reception. When I went to change songs, I discovered all 3000 something songs on my phone weren't available offline. According to the 'offline devices' section of my account, t...

• Earlier this morning, I was listening to music and I went out of range of reception. When I went to change songs, I discovered all 3000 something songs on my phone weren't available offline. Accordin...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New to Spotify!! Help please

Coming from Apple Music, I’m used to being able to only listen to the songs I like off a specific album or from artists and say “I feel like listening to Kendrick Lamar” without playing songs I haven’t added to my library. With Spotify, and especiall...

• Coming from Apple Music, I’m used to being able to only listen to the songs I like off a specific album or from artists and say “I feel like listening to Kendrick Lamar” without playing songs I haven...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps on playing on my phone

PremiumUSA iPhone 6 PlusiOS 12.2 Everytime I fully close the Spotify App, when I swipe up to the quick access menu and press the play button my music starts playing even though I have fully closed the app. This even happens on the lock screen if I pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium USA   iPhone 6 Plus iOS 12.2   Everytime I fully close the Spotify App, when I swipe up to the quick access menu and press the play button my music starts playing even though ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Album showing when I want to listen to Artist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have previously saved albums from certain artists, either because I wanted to go directly t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution June 2019 updates

The new update in june 2019 **bleep** me off as a spotify user. The only thing i disliked was that my recently played wasnt situated in the My Library section, and i know that its in the My Home section, but i cant remove songs in the recently played...

• The new update in june 2019 **bleep** me off as a spotify user. The only thing i disliked was that my recently played wasnt situated in the My Library section, and i know that its in the My Home sect...
  • grtfldale
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 25 likes

Editing "Recently Played" on iOS

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI cannot edit my "Recently Played" on iOS anymore. It used to be able to edit it under "Library" but it is gone now. I have tried to edit it on my computer's app but it doe...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I cannot edit my "Recently Played" on iOS anymore. It used to be able to edit it un...
  • xmaddalexisx
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify skipping songs

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueSpotify skips every song around the 45 - 55 second mark. I have tried:-turning my device on and off-uninstalling and installing the app-Turned the crossfade and g...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Spotify skips every song around the 45 - 55 second mark. I have tried: -turning my de...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

account

I deleted Spotify a month or two ago and they still charging my card.. how do I stop it?

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted Spotify a month or two ago and they still charging my card.. how do I stop it?  
  • Royaltysmom
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

hacked?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueMy neighbors hacked my account? Sometimes i’ll be listening to my music and suddenly spanish music will play when i listen to 0 spanish music and i know for a fact my neighb...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue My neighbors hacked my account? Sometimes i’ll be listening to my music and suddenly spanish musi...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain Podcasts are not playing or starting at all

Recently certain podcasts have not been playing or downloading at all. This happens with Four Finger Discount (a simpsons podcast). The episodes will not play, but when given enough time. Play for about two to three seconds and then stop to buff. I a...

• Recently certain podcasts have not been playing or downloading at all. This happens with Four Finger Discount (a simpsons podcast). The episodes will not play, but when given enough time. Play for ab...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont start playing songs

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceiPhone 6s plusOperating SystemIOS 12.3.1My Question or IssueSpotify wont start playing songs. I tried downloading songs and going offline and it wont even play.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device iPhone 6s plus Operating System IOS 12.3.1 My Question or Issue Spotify wont start playing songs. I tried downloading songs and going offline and it w...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums are automatically saved in the playlist of favorite songs.

PlanPremiumGermany DeviceiPhone X Hi together, as soon as I download an album for offline mode, these songs will be automatically added to the playlist of "Lieblingssongs". This makes this playlist completely overloaded. If I remove the album from th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Germany   Device iPhone X   Hi together, as soon as I download an album for offline mode, these songs will be automatically added to the playlist of "Lieblingssongs". Th...
  • DannyKoel
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login app through iphone xr premium facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone Xr Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 -most current My Question or IssueI cannot login regularly with the app. I use facebook to login. I get the message something went wrong plese try again later. It won't login for most of ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone Xr  Operating System iOS 12.3.1 -most current   My Question or Issue I cannot login regularly with the app. I use facebook to lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    iphone
    Login
    login failed
    Pioneer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes