Country

UAE 

Device

iPhone 12 Mini

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

Spotify 8.7.26.1172

My Question or Issue

Any downloaded song I have in my library, whether I play it online or offline, does not play properly. It plays the first 5 or so seconds, and then cuts off. I got the tracks to play by removing the download, and sometimes redownloading them individually works but not 100% of the time. It doesn't work when I do it with entire albums/playlists, and even if it did I couldn't possibly do that for my entire library.

I've had this issue for 1-2 months now and my app is up-to-date as far as I'm aware.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @n3lla,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. Sometimes if there are corrupted cache files, such issues can occur, so it's necessary to clear everything related to Spotify and reinstall.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @n3lla,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. Sometimes if there are corrupted cache files, such issues can occur, so it's necessary to clear everything related to Spotify and reinstall.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Followed the guide thoroughly and it worked! Thank you so much for the help.

Suggested posts