Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading tracks for offline play

Solved!

Downloading tracks for offline play

Hi All,

Slightly random question, but is there a quick way to get all the tracks that you discover and favourite on your phone downloaded to that phone for offline play. (without sync'ing to desktop) 

At the moment, if I favourite an entire album, then I can't listen offline until after I have listened through at least once on my phone.

I have a nasty habit of finding an album that I want to listen to on the way home, only to be thwarted by Londons underground system .

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You don't have to be sync to your desktop at all in order to get tracks for Offline play. It depends what sort of phone you have, but you should be able to search for a track, add it to a playlist and sync that offline all within your phone. 

However, you should be able to do the following - 

* Search for track, and then start playing it within Spotify

* Click on the "i" symbol, and select "Add To Playlist" - Then select one of your offline playlists

* The track should automatically start to sync if your Spotify is online. If not, you might want to turn on the "sync via 3G" setting within your Settings menu. Although this will start to go towards your download limit, so I'll try and do it in a Wi-Fi area wherever you can!

Hope this helps, Phil! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You don't have to be sync to your desktop at all in order to get tracks for Offline play. It depends what sort of phone you have, but you should be able to search for a track, add it to a playlist and sync that offline all within your phone. 

However, you should be able to do the following - 

* Search for track, and then start playing it within Spotify

* Click on the "i" symbol, and select "Add To Playlist" - Then select one of your offline playlists

* The track should automatically start to sync if your Spotify is online. If not, you might want to turn on the "sync via 3G" setting within your Settings menu. Although this will start to go towards your download limit, so I'll try and do it in a Wi-Fi area wherever you can!

Hope this helps, Phil! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

@David wrote:

Hope this helps, Phil! 

aaah there you go! I wondered if I was missing a setting somewhere. Thanks for that!

Suggested posts